Protect the Recaps!

If you want to prove "bias", or just that a judge isn't very good, you go to their tapes and see whether their comments justify the numbers given. We know that DCI does a 4-stage review of judges (self eval, senior judge eval, corps eval, Phillips/Cesario eval - listen to http://www.marchingroundtable.com/2016/05/25/518/). I suppose they could also make the judge swear on a stack of bibles that they've never seen a recap, but it's hard to see why that matters if their tapes are solid.

If the leaks continue, it will demonstrate to DCI's members that a bunch of their staff/instructors think this is a dumb change.

One of the Bluecoats staff members has already said on reddit that he doesn't care about the leaks because he thinks the recaps should be available. If there's one, there's probably a dozen or more.

• Like 1

One of the Bluecoats staff members has already said on reddit that he doesn't care about the leaks because he thinks the recaps should be available. If there's one, there's probably a dozen or more.

I wonder: does that prove that Bluecoats were the one corps to vote against this rule change back in January?

Because if I went online and posted that something the company I worked for did was dumb, I'd risk being fired.

Which is why I believe that all of this was really done just to punish fans and DCP. Or to insulate the judges from being ridiculed on this forum and others. This has little to do with anything of a competitive nature, because as you say, you judge based on what you see and could care less about what X corps/band got the week before. I'm sure most judges in the activity feel the same.

It was done because dcp admin and their app blows dci's web and mobile sites away and more people went there

I get that, but DCI and it's members instituted this rule. The sooner it's proven that there's no merit to the bias claims the sooner we can get back to the release of the recaps. If the leaks continue, there's no way to prove anything and they'll clamp down for another season.

Judges were a poorly worded smoke screen

I have 6 sources

I read the post saying that the vote was 21-1 and I've heard from a reliable source of who the one corps is. So for those that want the recaps know the Blue Stars are with you!

Then they can send me some too