Most Beautiful Drum Corps Moments

So, I will post another (again) from Phantom. This one makes me tear up almost every time.

Ave Maria (Franz Biebl).. This was the ballad from Phantom's 2006 "Faust" show.

This recording is done by the 2008 hornline at a funeral for the niece of J.D. Shaw (who arranged the piece for PR).

I assume it is recorded either at the funeral or in the venue (church/cathedral) where it took place.

This was breathtaking on the field, but simply glorious as recorded here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaZ5e0h1UFM

I mentioned it a while back, but thanks for that recording!

Nothing beats a good slow burn. In a movie, video games, books, or a drum corps show. The feeling of a slowly building tension over a long period of time FINALLY paying off is just.......ugh. So good.

Didn't bring that one up because I figured it had already been mentioned.

Visually, the fact that one lone guard member at the first climax of that opener commands your entire attention in that simple red dress with that simple red flag, is pretty dang beautiful in itself.

Good ol' tension and release. And the greater amount of tension you can build...the more satisfying and, hopefully, powerful and fulfilling the release becomes.

SCV 2003 is one of my all time favorite shows.

THIS. 2003 was the first year I was really introduced to drum corps, and this show changed my life. And that drumline.

Yes...Jazzer...that's the one..I melt everytime I hear it...and play it with the volume up up up...just resonates right through you....

SCV 2003 is one of my all time favorite shows.

Yes! Loved it so much that I annoyed the hell out of my director to use it as our show in 04. I won. Lol. Key Poulan is magical sometimes.

Cadets 2001 ballad and guard work.