Most Beautiful Drum Corps Moments

A ton of Cadets ballads, including Hymnsong of Philip Bliss (93, though they still play in encore), Vide Cor Meum (01), Field of Dreams (02) and City of Angels (1999); Crown Cider House Rules (01, hey I know their brass wasn't great at the time but I went to a couple of their camps that year), Glassmen 01 flugel solo, Phantom Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (95, Boston's and Crown's doesn't come close, and in fact I skip those parts in their shows b/c of this).

A ton of Cadets ballads, including Hymnsong of Philip Bliss (93, though they still play in encore), Vide Cor Meum (01), Field of Dreams (02) and City of Angels (1999); Crown Cider House Rules (01, hey I know their brass wasn't great at the time but I went to a couple of their camps that year), Glassmen 01 flugel solo, Phantom Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini (95, Boston's and Crown's doesn't come close, and in fact I skip those parts in their shows b/c of this).

the ballads in the WSS shows must be included, as well as anything in which Barb Maroney had a mellophone solo. Ditto to Bonnie Ott out on the West Coast.

• Like 2

07 Phantom

14 Bluecoats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hytyw4bB5QQ

The whole show is worth a look, but 2009 Crown - Somewhere/Somewhere over the rainbow ballad is magnificent.

Starts at 8:40 - 10:45

I'm SOOOOO glad the fans let that moment happen in Finals without the childish shoutouts that ruin too many Drum Corps presentations.

The ballad from Cadets 1998 Stonehenge show. What a beautiful moment for both brass and color guard. In fact, the whole show is great, one of my all time favorite shows.

Totally agree with this.... one of the most beautiful ballads of all time.

Ballad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH2uNAHzNfE

Closer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v17291pOVLk

SCV 2000 - Adagio for Strings.

Crown 1996 - Nimrod

Madison 1995 - Concierto De Aranjuez (adagio)

Bluecoats 2014 - Hymn of Axiom

Open Class

East Coast Jazz 1998 - Artemis & Apollo (Adam Rapa was one of the best soloists in DCI)

• Like 1

Off the field, Cavaliers 1997 finals. During retreat, they turned towards Madison and played their corps song in our direction. I don't know if it was because it was finals night and I was overflowing with emotions, but it was by far the most beautiful moment I have ever listened to the Cavaliers.