American Tradition in Annapolis, August 2

What the hell does this mean?

It's like being bludgeoned with run and gun to the point it seems to lose impact. Sorry if it was less than clear, my head was still humming that French horn feature.

everyone else is wrong - I think Cadets have a 63% chance of catching SCV

Crown has a 12% chance of winning, and a 13% chance of being caught by SCV - therefore a 75% chance of finishing 2nd or 3rd

you heard it here first...

Crown has a 12% chance of winning, and a 13% chance of being caught by SCV - therefore a 75% chance of finishing 2nd or 3rd

You must be moon lighting with the Gallop poll folks!

• Like 1

Hasn't CC percussion scores been closer to the regular top lines this year?

Have they? Someone told me the top 5 drum scores from San Antonio, and I don't recall hearing their name, but I could be wrong. I mean they have to be beating Bluecoats in brass, so if they are losing to them in music than the percussion line must be the culprit.

I think this analysis is brilliant.

• Like 1

I don't think either will happen, but either could happen. I just wonder how Cadets are doing in Brass. 5th in music in San Antonio and Atlanta, with that percussion line leads me to believe they are 4th at highest, and maybe 5th.

well - tonight the Cadets brass sounded great until they didn't. Meaning 80% of the show they sounded really good, like close to BD good. But there were a few minutes of "ehh" when they have just changed something or their feet weren't solid underneath. Some very rough moments. Also - as someone else mentioned, the bass peddle was way too loud - and oddly wasn't that way in ensemble I saw the night before. That hurt their sound tonight. I'd put Cadets percussion virtually tied with BD and SCV tonight, and I'd put the brass behind BD and ahead of SCV... So the music total score is a bit of a mystery. I guess the rough moments took their toll

Edited by George Dixon

well - tonight the Cadets brass sounded great until they didn't. Meaning 80% of the show they sounded really good, like close to BD good. But there were a few minutes of "ehh" when they have just changed something or their feet weren't solid underneath. Some very rough moments. Also - as someone else mentioned, the bass peddle was way too loud - and oddly wasn't that way in ensemble I saw the night before. That hurt there sound tonight. I'd put Cadets percussion virtually tied with BD and SCV tonight, and I'd put the brass behind SCV. So the music total score is a bit of a mystery. I guess the rough moments took their toll

I have to say it doesn't matter to me what they score. I love listening to the Cadets hornline. I nearly went deaf Saturday night having my headphones on. They sure can play loud (and well), which I love.

• Like 1

Other impressions tonight. Crossmen sound great and their vis was on tonight. They have a tough vis program but it's coming together. The prop scrims don't do much for me sob the show. I get its about hiding guard gear but they're not really using them for anything.

In contrast, BD's scrims made sense. I was mid way up and in the opener where from high cam it always seemed like the drill and the scrim didn't mesh, it appeared like they were marching out that block from behind.

BAC sounded very strong brass wise. They had a good ruling tonight too. The show loses a bit of coherence toward the end though and the narration for everyone sounded muddy.

BK seemed dirty in vis. But then they have so much random motion going on at times it's hard to tell if it's not designed that way or something. The battery percussion is seamlessly integrated sound wise and doing some really nice work.

Guards had a tough night with the wind. Cadets probably had the cleanest run guard wise. And that Cadet opener is glorious. I'm still having it ring in my head. If agree there's a bit too much goo at the end. Boston had some issues with goo at the end too

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1

The Mandarins topped the Oregon Crusaders by a convincing 2 points on Saturday at the Atlanta Regional ( well, ok.. 1.95 ). The staff must have taken the Corps to the beach for a swim for couple of days, as tonite the Oregon Crusaders quickly turned the tables in a couple of days, and topped the Mandarins by 4 tenths ( ok.. 4.5 tenths ). In a head to head matchup, thats a swing of 2.4 points between 2 Corps in less than 3 days. Makes you wonder why we don't see such head to head matchup swings of 2.4 points in 2-3 days with the Corps higher in the World Class Division. Its sort of a head scratcher to say the least. Maybe we'll see such head to head volatility continue higher up the ranks...( then again, don't hold your breath.. haha!)

Edited by BRASSO