DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Gold.

13921002_10207868378442290_6136343996387

Awesome photo!

I'm so incredibly happy and disappointed all at the same time. I'm thrilled that Open Class seems to be thriving (certainly higher quality than I remember over a decade ago!), but I'm disappointed that DCI has provided such little exposure online. This is my first time seeing many of these groups and I wish I had more viewings. For the ones that I have seen, like Gold, the improvement is crazy!

• Like 1

So, Gold was really the first corps today that offered detail in both their execution in design. No one else below them has really exhibited the control, both visually and musically, that Gold did. Well done.

While the previous few shows have been nice, this was, in my opinion, our first glance towards the top of Open Class and bottom of World Class; the design was very well-thought-out and that manifested itself in lots of small details....modern transitions, subtle crosses throughout, very musical writing for the weapons in particular, etc. And, really the first full ensemble today that's brought us dynamics in the middle of phrases! Thank you, Gold! Well done!

• Like 1

I enjoyed that show and they performed the hell out of it, but I wish the music did a better job of portraying the theme.

Generally the bane of all-original music shows. They had their place in the first decade of this century, now let's all agree to move past them!

Edited by Jake W.

Oh, that's fun! The horns are moving their instruments in a wave as they march on the field. :D

Its a shame that less than 400 are in attendance to see the performances of these fine Corps.

Gold. Uniforms don't really translate well up top. Horline very controlled, though there were a few overzealous baritones. Theme was somewhat effective, solid battery and solo, though design was kinda ho-hum.

Edited by Barifonium

Generally the bane of original all-original music shows. They had their place in the first decade of this century, now let's all agree to move past them!

That won't happen until music licensing and copyright is more friendly, especially to Open Class level corps.

7th Regiment has a leaky faucet in their pit. :D

Water droplet effect with blue flags in the guard, great visual.

• Like 1