DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Bluecoats, I'm ready for ya guys to get that gold.

OC had a great show tonight, better then the Mandarins in my opinion, surprised to them behind.

In my opinion, BDB's performance received too much credit.. inflated scores...?

• Like 1

Apparently caption scores are being withheld until after finals, even to staff. So that little birdie might be wrong. Also, i would not place Cadets 5th or worse in drums

but corps can see their individual caption scores via CS so they can exchange numbers and figure things out anyway.

apparently a large contigent of annoying HS kids.

Nothing is worse than a HS kid at a DCI show that thinks they know everything about the Marching Arts and then some, when they in fact don't know a Side 1 from Side A.

And them being super bandwagony to one particular corps, bashing every other corps under the sun.

Edited by Sandonovan
  • Like 5

Don't feel bad DMT. Had a bunch of high school girls next to me that wouldn't shut up during half the shows, and the guy to my right literally did nothing but eat oranges for 5 straight hours......after a couple hours the smell of oranges wasn't so pleasant anymore.....

• Like 2

Just got home from the theater. I took my band (100 kids, 20 parents and staff) to the Cinemark at Christiana Mall in Wilmington, DE. The theater was fantastic, and the feed was superb. They had the volume cranked perfectly.

My kids gave it up for every corps, particularly Boston (a recent alum is in their tuba line), Academy, Cavaliers, Crown (our battery tech is center snare), and of course Devils and Bluecoats. They *loved* the Skrillex dance section of Devils show, and all of BC's stunts.

I thought the coverage was very well done, and the only placement issue I had was 5/6...I'd have had Cavies over Cadets by a bit of a margin. Man, that Cavaliers show is really cool.

• Like 4

Don't feel bad DMT. Had a bunch of high school girls next to me that wouldn't shut up during half the shows, and the guy to my right literally did nothing but eat oranges for 5 straight hours......after a couple hours the smell of oranges wasn't so pleasant anymore.....

That made me literally laugh really hard.

I guess he's fighting off the Scurvy. LOL

And where the Schwifty did he get that many oranges...

Edited by Sandonovan
  • Like 3

You're correct, there are two of us.

Keep in mind that they only need GE to win. With 3 corps so close and a couple others in 4 and 5 pulling big caption numbers... it is merely enough to win the hearts of the audience and judges through GE (and do reasonably well in the other captions).

You don't think they have earned that, at least?

• Like 1