DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

Thank you, Kevin, for such a detailed description......AS ALWAYS

• Like 2

Oh SCV...... Maybe one day you'll get another shot at it.

I feel like that day is building up soon. They've progressed this last three years with developing a modern style that fits them well. The creative team is starting to gel real nicely and get a sense of the level the members can perform at and upping the demand as it goes. Add to that buzz this year makes in recruiting marchers who want to do that kind of show + anniversary year lure, particularly for age outs, and I can easily see them in the medals next year.

I feel pretty confident that this will probably be the final outcome on Saturday night. Just hoping to enjoy the shows the final two nights.

Agreed. It will be pretty ironic if, after all the talk midseason about the top three corps going back and forth all season if the results end up the way they've been most the season. Coats, Devils, Crown.

• Like 1

Full panel seems to benefit Academy.

I also want a FULL Recaps! Maybe for Finals we get one if we behave ourselves?

From a little birdie, tonights captions:

Brass - Bluecoats

Drums - SCV

Guard - Crown

GE - Bluecoats

Glad to see SCV winning drums, but if BD doesn't start winning some music captions, it's Bloo's championship.

It's pretty much the whole theater is the bad thing.

They are by themselves.

I feel bad you had such a terrible theater experience...from the beginning and into the whole night...go ask for your money back..seriously...

I skipped the theater tonight for the very first time since they started the theater thing...I was upset in the beginning of the season when my theater didn't even start the broadcast on time in June...by the time they fixed it I missed by beloved corps...it sucked...I got to the dang theater early so I wouldn't miss anything and the theater technician blew it...

I feel like that day is building up soon. They've progressed this last three years with developing a modern style that fits them well. The creative team is starting to gel real nicely and get a sense of the level the members can perform at and upping the demand as it goes. Add to that buzz this year makes in recruiting marchers who want to do that kind of show + anniversary year lure, particularly for age outs, and I can easily see them in the medals next year.

Agreed. Guard and programming very strong. Percussion very strong. Gotta keep growing the brass and retaining vets

SCV was INCREDIBLE tonight :)