DCI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PRELIMS - 8/11/16

I think he meant the euph player.

Bonk. Yeah. Not reading closely enough. If he's wanting to do full tour, I can imangine a number of corps would be interested in him after that

Lone trumpet soloist begins the show on Gabriel's Oboe. He is set in front of the main totem, just outside the 40 on side 1.

Horns and guard doing body movement across the field, then pulling in towards the main totem.

I agree with something Kevin said the other day on an Open Class thread.

Would be really cool to see someone use Hymn of Axiom in its original context. Would be an incredibly creepy and interesting show.

Wasn't there a BoA marching band with giant television screens all over the field that played HoA, complete with lyrics, in the past couple years?

Music City was excellent. I love that they can field such a large corps as of late. And really, really skilled from top to bottom in every aspect; movement technique across the members, a solid color guard, musical writing, terrific line & front ensemble, excellent form control, clear theme.

I agree and disagree about the line between classes being blurred yet, though. In previous years, yes. The bottom world class corps are too strong this year, though. In order for Music City to play tomorrow, they would have to beat 'Scades (and the two corps are on different planes at this point...and that's ok), or zoom ahead of Spartans & Surf...just probably not going to happen. While "Coronation" was nice, it reminded me of a 15th-20th place World Class design ten years ago. A good 2003 show, you know? It was a good idea, and carried them for a successful season, but there are a couple more steps before I would venture to say that Music City would survive well in World Class.

But, that's all quite alright....Music City had an incredible end of their season today. Lots to be proud of as a thriving, solid Open Class corps.

• Like 1

Just five tubas but able to put out a great sound from the start.

Nice driving tempo here.

I don't remember that baritone soloist from the last two times I saw this show.

Show theme "Totem" with said totems around the field. Lovely opening solo with a nice warm unmic'd teumpet on the front hash.

And another contra feature!i