Madison Scouts 2017

I’m not caught up in the costume or modern debate but their show didn’t do much for me early season. We’ll see if they can breathe some life into it by finals. Modern vs traditional isn’t the debate, it’s a side show, its good vs not good. Modern is an excuse

• Like 2

Well everyone has an opinion. In my opinion BS have a very talented corps top to bottom and they perform their product well.  My opinion is they execute their product better than Madison does right now. However having said that, I think Madison has a better designed product overall than BS has right now.  So, between them who knows what can happen between now and Indy. Just my opinion.

Edited by Madcityscout
  • Like 7

8 of them tonight in Hattiesburg. Here's hoping Scouts end up 4th, just ahead of BS.

Blue Stars certainly have the more conventional show. It doesn't excite me much because I think it is over designed with too much story telling. And as I've commented to everyone who will listen, I think we need a year or three sabbatical from boy meets girl shows.

Edited by mjoakes
Eliminated a comment that could be offensive, though no offense was intended.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Nope

Two vids just posted on that vid engine,  MS and BS same show.  Check It. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madcityscout said:

Well I respect your opinion but I have to respectfully disagree. The Scouts had to go into a modern direction or would no longer be relevant in a modern drum corps activity. This year is a great stepping stone in re-branding the modern Madison image. In my opinion of course.

If Madison did 2013's or 2015's show this year they'd be doing better than 12th/13th. 2016's design was the problem.

Madison could've easily updated their iconic style rather than trade it in for Mad Max. Bluecoats still play fun, jazzy music. SCV have a classic show mixed with modern design. 

But at the end of the day I'm not against corps experimenting so I guess we'll see what happens.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cop said:

You make it sound like every corps behind BAC failed.  NOT TRUE.

Every corps behind Colts failed??  F36K NO.

BDB and Pioneer are also in the same league.  They are students of the activity and all the way to BD and SCV,  they are in the same league and your brain should respect this on some tiny level.  That is the way Art works.  Maybe you should review the DCI adjudication education info.  It may help you understand what you are so poorly commenting on.

Madison Not making finals is a MAJOR FAILURE! And the marching members, my Brothers expect to make finals, because they have historically been there and had exciting, entertaining shows. Pioneer not making finals is the norm. those kids do not expect to either. This pc BS that everyone is a winner and should all get a nice brown participation award is out of touch. This is Still a competition! the higher you place, the better players you get the next year to build with, the more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you get. Yes, all in the same league, Then not in the same tier as BD, SCV and the others. Semantics. Their are 3  or more ties in the top 12. Say it how you will, right now Madison is not even near the middle tier of the top 12. They are inching further and further away. Changes need to be made. I have been around Drum Corps for a long time. This my opinion, don't judge me,  I know entertaining, this is NOT entertaining to me.

Edited by Old VA
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

This might not be how you meant it to sound but that sounds incredibly mean spirited and just downright insulting.   Might wanna rethink that statement....................

Think what you want about the show but that?   Ugh.  

No offense intended at all. I had to think about both yours and my posts a moment before I could understand what you might be suggesting. And you're right: I said things in a silly way. "Differently sized" meant simply she looks so much taller than him when they come together. The difference in size makes it look like he could struggle. I did not mean to imply anything else, though I know differently sized might mean something else to others.

I am not above being too sarcastic at times. But there is never any interest from me in being intentionally mean spirited, particularly with regard to a corps member. I'm going to add an update via the editing tool. Thanks @DrumManTx.

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

No offense intended at all. I had to think about both yours and my posts a moment before I could understand what you might be suggesting. And you're right: I said things in a silly way. "Differently sized" meant simply she looks so much taller than him when they come together. The difference in size makes it look like he could struggle. I did not mean to imply anything else, though I know differently sized might mean something else to others.

I am not above being too sarcastic at times. But there is never any interest from me in being intentionally mean spirited, particularly with regard to a corps member. I'm going to add an update via the editing tool. Thanks @DrumManTx.

Gotcha.  That makes more sense. I always respect your posts so that's why I said that might not be at all what you meant but it could be read that way.   Mainly the word crushing.  No harm done.  

:)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Old VA said:

Madison Not making finals is a MAJOR FAILURE! And the marching members, my Brothers expect to make finals, because they have historically been there and had exciting, entertaining shows. Pioneer not making finals is the norm. those kids do not expect to either. This pc BS that everyone is a winner and should all get a nice brown participation award is out of touch. This is Still a competition! the higher you place, the better players you get the next year to build with, the more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you get. Yes, all in the same league, Then not in the same tier as BD, SCV and the others. Semantics. Their are 3  or more ties in the top 12. Say it how you will, right now Madison is not even near the middle tier of the top 12. They are inching further and further away. Changes need to be made. I have been around Drum Corps for a long time. This my opinion, don't judge me,  I know entertaining, this is NOT entertaining to me.

Take a ####### chill pill, man.

• Like 1