Cadets 2017

@Tim K

There's are methods to deal with those egos by letting those folks know that they will not get preferential treatment. Take their money. Let them audition, and if the staff doesn't feel they're a good fit personally or musically then...CUT!

They've always been aggressive for recruiting season. Remember they have 2 corps to fill..

I don't understand why people are getting all uptight about Cadets recruiting efforts...there are no RULES about this...all is fair in love and war IMO...

I don't understand why people are getting all uptight about Cadets recruiting efforts...there are no RULES about this...all is fair in love and war IMO...

Can't imagine why you'd say that!!

Anyway the point is moot since the offer was apparently meant for C2 camps. No discounts for the Cadets !!

Can't imagine why you'd say that!!

Anyway the point is moot since the offer was apparently meant for C2 camps. No discounts for the Cadets !!

It's not highly advertised but Boston has a lot of built-in discounts for members already...returning members(vets) get $300 discount...

“In-Full Discount” – $200 discount for anyone who pays in-full
“Color Guard Discount” – $200 discount for all guard members (due to less camp requirements)
“New England Resident Discount” – $300 discount or anyone with a permanent address in CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, or VT
“Blessed Sacrament Discount” – $500 discount for anyone who is a contracted member of Blessed Sacrament Winter Guard
back to Cadets discussion...

It's not highly advertised but Boston has a lot of built-in discounts for members already...returning members(vets) get $300 discount...

“In-Full Discount” – $200 discount for anyone who pays in-full
“Color Guard Discount” – $200 discount for all guard members (due to less camp requirements)
“New England Resident Discount” – $300 discount or anyone with a permanent address in CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, or VT
“Blessed Sacrament Discount” – $500 discount for anyone who is a contracted member of Blessed Sacrament Winter Guard
back to Cadets discussion...

you forgot the "i marched a top 5 last year" 100% off discount...

but back to the Cadets for real this time :biggrin:

you forgot the "i marched a top 5 last year" 100% off discount...

but back to the Cadets for real this time :biggrin:

From what I've heard Boston has not really needed to resort to that sort of tactic...and I never heard what you are saying as truth...believe what you want whether true or not...but if it's true it doesn't bother me one bit actually...so either way I don't care...All I can say is talent is up big league at Boston with a lot of college age turnouts for that matter...that is a fact.

...back to Cadets once again...just could not let your snarky remarks stand :smile:

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

From what I've heard Boston has not really needed to resort to that sort of tactic...and I never heard what you are saying as truth...believe what you want whether true or not...but if it's true it doesn't bother me one bit actually...so either way I don't care...All I can say is talent is up big league at Boston with a lot of college age turnouts for that matter...that is a fact.

...back to Cadets once again...just could not let your snarky remarks stand :smile:

• Like 1

and in penance for my sins...

the breakthrough show. it was all down hill after this :-)

God forbid if a corps were to stand-still today for any length of time without getting crucified for just parking and barking...I miss the concert features actually...but we are on in a age of short attention spans it seems...just look at the constant cut scenes that are needed to just keep folks engaged in shows like clash of the corps...made me dizzy...

1982...the start of the modern cadet dynasty...