Cadets 2017

I'll agree, but I've missed who is on the visual staff. I can wait. This is going to be an interesting mix of people. I'm think we should all give 'em a chance before we judge too much.

No drill writer announced officially yet.

No guard staff announced officially yet.

Visual caption head is returning Craig Sellers.

Other viz techs (all returning) are: Jeff Young, Joshua Brenneis, Conrad Isenhour, and Julian Johnson.

• Like 2

I would imagine Marc Sylvester will become the drill writer for The Cadets for 2017. He came on mid season last summer to help the Cadets... he knows how to write... and he's part of the Cadets, going way back. But.. time will tell.

• Like 1

I would imagine Marc Sylvester will become the drill writer for The Cadets for 2017. He came on mid season last summer to help the Cadets... he knows how to write... and he's part of the Cadets, going way back. But.. time will tell.

and there are a few reasons why he no longer wrote drill for the Cadets in this century.

and there are a few reasons why he no longer wrote drill for the Cadets in this century.

I suppose. But he wrote drill for BK and others the last few years ( not sure if thats a boon or a curse ). If not Sylvester, who ? Theres not a lot of driil writers out there that have recent drill writing Top 12 experience, that are seemingly available now.. unless GH " poaches " some other Top 12 Corps drill writer away.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

and check where they placed in caption and wholistically. It's a new ball game in this decade.

True enough. Cadets have gone to the established tried and true with their other hires so far though. His first facebook postings after the loss of CM and GC was about " new, young, talent out there" that he believes are just waiting to sprout their wings and show what they can do if just given the chance. He mentioned Zingali ( not quite 30 ) when GH took a chance on him to snare from 27th to Cadets... and how magic it turned into for GH, Cadets. So thats where I thought GH would go with the new hires, but he hasn't... so far anyway. The Visual/ Guard hire is so important these days now in DCI, so it'll be interesting if he goes " tried & true ", or throws the dice for someone new, fresh for the drill writing, guard.

Edited by BRASSO

True enough. Cadets have gone to the established tried and true with their other hires so far though. His first facebook postings after the loss of CM and GC was about " new, young, talent out there" that he believes are just waiting to sprout their wings and show what they can do if just given the chance. He mentioned Zingali ( not quite 30 ) when GH took a chance on him to snare from 27th to Cadets... and how magic it turned into for GH, Cadets. So thats where I thought GH would go with the new hires, but he hasn't... so far anyway. The Visual/ Guard hire is so important these days now in DCI, so it'll be interesting if he goes " tried & true ", or throws the dice for someone new, fresh for the drill writing, guard.

One aspect I see in your comments was that Hopkins picked his own age-cohort when he picked Zingali, Hopkins' own college roommate Hannum, etc. and now GH is grandfather age at minimum.. So he picks Sal Salas (his own age cohort) who has been around the track as much as GH just as he picked Bruno to replace himself when GH wasn't on tour. He's picked his own students (Aungst, Shanefield, Terry, Gall) to continue himself in a way of speaking. We'll see how it all develops for new, for tradition, or for status quo with added choices like Earnhart, Mullinix, etc,. Who is chosen for drill designer and for color guard (enhancement at least) will be telling.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

Still waiting for you to point out the supposed "contradiction" that confuses you.

I'm sure you're doing your best.

No guard staff announced officially yet.

I guess it hasn't been formally announced, but Kristy Templin shared Sal's announcement saying that she can't wait to work with him. I would assume that Joe and most if not all of her staff will stay.

• Like 1

I guess it hasn't been formally announced, but Kristy Templin shared Sal's announcement saying that she can't wait to work with him. I would assume that Joe and most if not all of her staff will stay.

perhaps.

But we've learned with Hopkins not to presume but wait until he officially announces. He has been known to change his minds on a few things over the years (for instance, what corps wears what uniform when...)