SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

There goes another corps that has just "shed" it's roots in favor of the modern day costumes...as long as the corps is one of your favorites or darlings you embrace the change...when it is not..you poke fun at it...too funny how people look and react at these things...deal with it...lol

Personally..I think they are FABULOUS! :)

• Like 7

Just now, ZachDrumCorps said:

I'm sorry SCV...but I really don't like the uniform. I had high hopes that at least one of the big groups would keep with tradition

I'm under the impression BD's sticking to being BD, but I could be wrong 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

I assumed they might. They had pretty modern uniforms already. But I've never been a fan of BD uniforms. Vanguard has always had my FAVORITE uniforms.

Gotcha. Yeah BD's been slowly modernizing their uniform so any changes don't look as drastic but I still don't think they're going full out WGI this year. I'd be surprised if they do, they're very rarely the followers, and rather the leaders. 

I agree on Vanguard, they had one of my favorites, especially the unis they wore last year which were so classy. I'm sad to see it go but their WGI costume is definitely the classy of the WGI costumes put out so far 

• Like 2

Just now, Cappybara said:

I agree on Vanguard, they had one of my favorites, especially the unis they wore last year which were so classy. I'm sad to see it go but their WGI costume is definitely the classy of the WGI costumes put out so far 

Looking at them again, I agree. The Cadets and Vanguard have the best of the "WGI" uniforms, IMO

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It's interesting to see people's reactions, because they essentially have the Bluecoats uniform from last year with different printing. Same pants, just in a dark color with the striped belt to make them look less "hip hugger." Same white unitard with different colors/design elements. The addition of the shoulder wings on what looks like an overshirt. 

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

It's interesting to see people's reactions, because they essentially have the Bluecoats uniform from last year with different printing. Same pants, just in a dark color with the striped belt to make them look less "hip hugger." Same white unitard with different colors/design elements. The addition of the shoulder wings on what looks like an overshirt. 

You call them essentially the same as the Bluecoats uniform but then list a crap ton of differences between the two which may explain why people like SCV's but not Bloo's. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You call them essentially the same as the Bluecoats uniform but then list a crap ton of differences between the two which may explain why people like SCV's but not Bloo's. 

Ehh, I think it is more that people have gotten over the shock of last year. Still building stuff out of the same basic pieces, just like with the prior, bulkier jackets, but now with lighter and more form-fitting fabrics. Since the trail has been blazed with the tight stuff already, there is more acceptance.

I dig it. I did love their unis the last few years, but change happens. 

Ive also not been complaining about most uniforms the last few years, therefore im not a hypocrite. ;)