Carolina Crown 2017

Bloo? I can see them being called out for being very functional in the way they handled the harvesters. Wasn't seamless or integrated or character-driven. BUT -- the visual focus was always elsewhere. So if you looked at the props moving it's because you chose to look away and watch the props.

Who else sucked at moving stuff? Well BD and that ocean wave prop. Yeah I sort of don't understand how that effect in anyway overcame the slop that came afterwards. That did annoy me. Takes you out of the moment entirely.

I'd also point out -- you're comparing DCP reactions to DCP reactions which may have little if any relation to how a judge reacts.

I think if the cubes had had only one or two instances of struggle, judges would have overlooked it. But it went on throughout the show and became a distraction.

BD bumper cars with moving panels?

I'm sorry. I'm not looking at the activity through rose-colored glasses.

My point is Cadets were criticized heavily in 2013 for the movement of their towers. It didn't happen the same way this year and there wasn't much improvement over Cadets 2013.

Edited by Fish

My point is Cadets were criticized heavily in 2013 for the movement of their towers. It didn't happen the same way this year and there wasn't much improvement over Cadets 2013.

Then why were you so quiet about it on DCP? :crazy: The tarp was brought up here multiple times. I don't remember people complaining about bumper car panels. To tell you the truth I rarely paid any attention at all to those panels at all. Mellophone solo maybe -- rest of the time didn't look didn't care.

What? Not fluffy bunnies? Rainbows? Blue skies with puffy clouds'? I love everybody?

Flluffy bunnies? Don't get me started on guard members breaking and taking 20-30 secs to recover. That would show lack of training anywhere else and pretty much be a death sentence in terms of medaling. At BD it apparently is never seen. But we're wandering WAY OT. Start a thread "Only at BD" -- I'm sure there will be plenty of contirbs!

Then why were you so quiet about it on DCP? :crazy: The tarp was brought up here multiple times. I don't remember people complaining about bumper car panels. To tell you the truth I rarely paid any attention at all to those panels at all. Mellophone solo maybe -- rest of the time didn't look didn't care.

How long have you been part of this forum?

A lot longer than I have.

Flluffy bunnies? Don't get me started on guard members breaking and taking 20-30 secs to recover. That would show lack of training anywhere else and pretty much be a death sentence in terms of medaling. At BD it apparently is never seen. But we're wandering WAY OT. Start a thread "Only at BD" -- I'm sure there will be plenty of contirbs!

Perhaps you need a course in "positive thoughts" and "fluffy bunny?"

How long have you been part of this forum?

A lot longer than I have.

complained about BD many times as well. just ask Plan9! but what does that have to do with anything? you have a keyboard -- USE IT!

anyway as i said earlier -- i DID remark about the tarp. and the bumper car flats -- i guess i never noticed it. i try really hard not to tic things watching a show -- pretty much ruins the night if you do. so i try to let the show take me where it wants to go. more fun that way. sometimes i fail. then you just shake your head. and sometimes you want to stand up and yell .

i honk for crown because it amuses me to do it. and i respect the heck out of their approach to drum corps. but honestly i try really hard to enjoy every show i watch. what's the point of being hyper critical as a fan? heck everyone was slamming PR and BAC early this season -- i came away liking both shows! don't see THAT happening again :ninja:

now -- football -- that's another story :-)

Edited by corpsband

Were there some errors with those? Yes. It's almost impossible to move stuff that large in a uniform and delicate way. The difference is the props you mentioned from this year were actually functional, made well and were aesthetically pleasing, utilized in more than one way throughout the whole program, and actually contributed in some way to their respective visual programs.

Cadets boxes? Just kinda sat there, were in the way, looked somewhat cheap, and were not utilized at all except for a singular soloist in the end of the show. Also, when they were moved your attention was not placed elsewhere, you were forced to watch those things struggle to get to their spot and be aligned straight. And I say that as someone who hugely loves that show so the double standard argument isn't going to work on me.

If you're trying to compare those things to a prop from 2016, the Colts props might be more in their league.......

Aaaaaaand back to Carolina Crown 2017.

Edited by DrumManTx

Were there some errors with those? Yes. It's almost impossible to move stuff that large in a uniform and delicate way. The difference is the props you mentioned from this year were actually functional, made well and were aesthetically pleasing, utilized in more than one way throughout the whole program, and actually contributed in some way to their respective visual programs.

Cadets boxes? Just kinda sat there, were in the way, looked somewhat cheap, and were not utilized at all except for a singular soloist in the end of the show. Also, when they were moved your attention was not placed elsewhere, you were forced to watch those things struggle to get to their spot and be aligned straight. And I say that as someone who hugely loves that show so the double standard argument isn't going to work on me.

If you're trying to compare those things to a prop from 2016, the Colts props might be more in their league.......

Aaaaaaand back to Carolina Crown 2017.

Your opinion is noted, but I do not share it.