Carolina Crown 2017

11 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Yes he has that brass program down pat. Year after year, just a consistently glorious line. 

it's really too bad that those kids can't go to other venues.  it would be fun to take them to a brass band championship (and before you roll your eyes,  you should recall what B. Moren had to say -- just sayin') .  

it's been a long time since corps were "local" so those sorts of off-season things are pretty hard to arrange (ie their trip to Japan).   but that brass program really is pretty astounding.

46 minutes ago, corpsband said:

it's really too bad that those kids can't go to other venues.  it would be fun to take them to a brass band championship (and before you roll your eyes,  you should recall what B. Moren had to say -- just sayin') .  

it's been a long time since corps were "local" so those sorts of off-season things are pretty hard to arrange (ie their trip to Japan).   but that brass program really is pretty astounding.

The days of local drum corps have sailed a long time ago. Surprised they don't participate in a Winter WGI program. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, corpsband said:

So much fun to just listen -- never mind watching the physical demand.

The physical demand is there for most of the WC corps at this point. Used to be more of a Cadet thing years ago but demand, multiple responsibilities is pretty significant in DCI. 

5 hours ago, Tobias said:

The physical demand is there for most of the WC corps at this point. Used to be more of a Cadet thing years ago but demand, multiple responsibilities is pretty significant in DCI. 

Well my point was the video is interesting even in just it's audio content.  As to whether "most of the WC corps" do what Crown does...that's a tale for another time :colgate: 

• Like 1

Crown still holds the record for being the only brass line to actually make me shed a few tears. E=MC2 ballad (being the first time) and the opening hit of Relentless.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaviesFan17 said:

Crown still holds the record for being the only brass line to actually make me shed a few tears. E=MC2 ballad (being the first time) and the opening hit of Relentless.  

PR 1995 ballad (Variations on Theme of Paganini) -- heartrendingly beautiful live.   Many times since.  

As for Crown 2013,  man the source is just gorgeous..

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

^ thanks for sharing that - I've heard it - but not in many years. They did a great job adapting it, and the original IS fantastic

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

^ thanks for sharing that - I've heard it - but not in many years. They did a great job adapting it, and the original IS fantastic

truly is.  and klesch's touch was so light.   basically just moving the impact.  you listen to the original and realize yeah that's exactly what Crown sounded like.   

• Like 2