Carolina Crown 2017

14 hours ago, corpsband said:

im positive Crown 2017 will continue that streak. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pit Dad said:

Lots of vets back in all sections of the percussion (especially battery) and from the sounds of the first 3 camps, seem very strong for this time of year.

I like to hear that!!!  As a fan I love to hear a bunch of really good lines just ripping through their book, and adding to the overall performance of the corps.  Plus it makes for good fun when you just go watch them in the lot as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ibexpercussion said:

Everybody always talks about Crown's brass, for obvious reasons, but I feel like the percussion, battery especially, took a step in the right direction lat year.  Not that they had been terrible, but closing the gap a bit more between them, and the upper echelon lines (BD, Coats, SCV, Cadets).  The front started to sound better last year as well, as I believe the departure of Andrew Markworth to Crossmen hurt them in both composition and performance in regards to the front.  that being said, I think last year was a positive year in starting to close that gap.

Crown finished 4th in perc last year (ahead of one the 4 you listed). They are making strides and have had good retention this year.  FE is in great hands (Jim A.) and I think the battery will make some more waves this season.  Aungst's young Jedi i(Travis) is going to create a great disturbance in the force!

Edited by corpsband

17 hours ago, corpsband said:

im positive Crown 2017 will continue that streak. 

Once you hear the source music this year and listen to clips of it, you will know EXACTLY what Crown's brass will sound like.  It has been amazing to listen to at camps so far.

• Like 1

All of this talk makes me so angsty! Get it? I want them to start pumping out brass clips from Facebook now!!!

10 hours ago, corpsband said:

Crown finished 4th in perc last year (ahead of one the 4 you listed). They are making strides and have had good retention this year.  FE is in great hands (Jim A.) and I think the battery will make some more waves this season.  Aungst's young Jedi i(Travis) is going to create a great disturbance in the force!

Travis is the man! He is doing amazing work with the Bushwackers this offseason also, recruiting great players and writing an outstanding book so far. A GREAT young talent! 

Edited by HBD

On 3/6/2017 at 3:53 PM, Pit Dad said:

Once you hear the source music this year and listen to clips of it, you will know EXACTLY what Crown's brass will sound like.  It has been amazing to listen to at camps so far.

The suspense is killing me. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 3:53 PM, Pit Dad said:

How about a hint!!