First Time Ever at DCI

In the pre-DCI era, Cavaliers won the American Legion National Championship in 1966, 1967, and 1969, and won the VFW Nationals Championship in 1957, 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963, and 1967.

IIRC, Cadets won 11 American Legion championships prior to the formation of DCI. Off the top of my head I can't tell you which years, though I'm sure its on corpsreps or wikipedia.

That's a total of 21 national titles over the span of 82 years.That's one reason tradition is so valued by most of us who are part of that drum corps family.

No love for Academy in any of these the-next-corps list. Hype is a big thing when it comes to recruiting and show design, and this corps has plenty of hype from 2016 that they'll be able to roll into 2017 if they do it right.

Interesting note: as of today according to CorpsData, 56. mostly out of state candidates have requested Audition Applications for 2017. If the anticpated number of folks auditioning show up in December, they just may need to bring in an second food trailer to feed them all. Also a good sign: The entire creative team including Music Writer Michael Klesch is returning for 2017.

Rumor has it that THE ACADEMY recruitment campagne may be so successful, that they may actually raise the dead! lol

Rumor has it that THE ACADEMY recruitment champagne may be so successful, that they may actually raise the dead! lol

There, I fixed it for you. ;-)

Rumor has it that THE ACADEMY recruitment champagne may be so successful, that they may actually raise the dead! lol

There, I fixed it for you. ;-)

I'll toast that, if true !

• Like 1