Indy Hotels

I have reservations at both Omni Severin and JW Marriott for TH/F/S for 2017 finals. Will have my mother with us and she requires a wheelchair for any great distances. I like the Omni for it's close location to restaurants and LOS but understand it's quite dated and rooms are very small. Can anyone tell me if JWM is that far off from the action? The prices are pretty close and if JWM is not a great walk to either food or the stadium I think we would be more comfortable there. Don't care to push the wheelchair, just don't want to have to walk for 30 minutes. Any info appreciated!

I have reservations at both Omni Severin and JW Marriott for TH/F/S for 2017 finals. Will have my mother with us and she requires a wheelchair for any great distances. I like the Omni for it's close location to restaurants and LOS but understand it's quite dated and rooms are very small. Can anyone tell me if JWM is that far off from the action? The prices are pretty close and if JWM is not a great walk to either food or the stadium I think we would be more comfortable there. Don't care to push the wheelchair, just don't want to have to walk for 30 minutes. Any info appreciated!

Omni is much closer.

Google JW Marriott, Indy and a map pops up in right hand corner. Click on it and it shows position of Marriott, Omni, and LOS.

Edited by xandandl

I have stayed at both hotels, Omni for 2015, JWM for 2016.

• The walk to LOS seemed about the same.
  • JWM is of course newer and overall less worn. But Omni isn't bad.
  • Using the indoor bridges over streets, I walked to Izzy and Harry's from JWM while it was raining outside.
  • JWM was filled with drum corps people, which made for a pretty lively lobby and bar. More so than what I remember at the Omni.
  • But I also missed being around the restaurants and bars near the Omni. Plus, Georgia Street is right outside the Omni, if you're interested in the activities there. JWM is a bit isolated.

2017? I like both. Might see what rates through DCI are like. Have a feeling I'll try Omni again. Will hate to give up the much better fitness center at JWM.

• Like 1

Speaking of Indy hotels and (I hope) bars, has there ever been an attempt to have a DCP Forums cocktail hour some place during finals? I'm really new to the forum, so I wouldn't know if that's been tried or done.

Speaking of Indy hotels and (I hope) bars, has there ever been an attempt to have a DCP Forums cocktail hour some place during finals? I'm really new to the forum, so I wouldn't know if that's been tried or done.

They're bad enough when they are sober. Haven't you been reading these threads????

from a teetotaler due to being born with a bum liver..

I have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott which is attached to the JW. Courtyard over looks the river, park, NCAA museum and hornline warmup area if you are on a high floor. I walked to LOS using the skywalks. It wasn't bad but further away as some above have pointed out. It is closer to the hornline warmup park if that is important to you. The is a TGIFridays downstairs of the Marriott complex.

• Like 1

They're bad enough when they are sober. Haven't you been reading these threads?

Whoever said most of us posted sober?

• Like 2