Best Drill

I enjoyed shows like Cadets 2011 and 2015 with recurring themes, such as the different placements of the Angels and Demons in '11 and the different 10 formations

Cadets 1998 was mentioned by Cadets2000, and I think Cadets 2000 was also a pretty darn good drill itself - 2001 I enjoyed as well. 2005 was incredible.

I've always been a fan of this type of drill. Cavaliers were good 2000-2006 too, but I prefer the curvy type rather than geometry and symmetry, etc.

Cavaliers 1992 was also great. Star 1991, Cadets 1993

If I were to rank my top 10 drills, Cadets would make up most of them.

I'll also give a good mentioned to Crown 2013 - it wasn't overly complicated - in fact it was quite simple - not saying easy, but simple - but very effective.

Visual programs are changing. Bluecoats this season, drill was effective - it wasn't flashy and brilliant and complicated and mesmerizing, but it got the job done. There is more to visual programs than just drill anymore.

But Cadets 1998 was brilliant, especially the guard program. OMG that ballade.

• Like 1

Cadets 1998 was mentioned by Cadets2000, and I think Cadets 2000 was also a pretty darn good drill itself - 2001 I enjoyed as well. 2005 was incredible.

I've always been a fan of this type of drill. Cavaliers were good 2000-2006 too, but I prefer the curvy type rather than geometry and symmetry, etc.

Cavaliers 1992 was also great. Star 1991, Cadets 1993

If I were to rank my top 10 drills, Cadets would make up most of them.

I'll also give a good mentioned to Crown 2013 - it wasn't overly complicated - in fact it was quite simple - not saying easy, but simple - but very effective.

Visual programs are changing. Bluecoats this season, drill was effective - it wasn't flashy and brilliant and complicated and mesmerizing, but it got the job done. There is more to visual programs than just drill anymore.

But Cadets 1998 was brilliant, especially the guard program. OMG that ballade.

Cadets drill always had me wanting more. 1998 was by far the best I had ever seen. Although 2000 was great drill and I loved it, 1998 was the year that I wished I had auditioned for instead of waiting a year later. I would have loved to march the end of THAT show, as well as that rotating box. Yes, we had it in 1999, but it wasn't the same.

• Like 1

I think I had read somewhere that 1998 was Sacktig's favorite work. I can really see why. I can't find the show anywhere on the site that shall not be named here, but I wish I could. I would buy it just to watch it. I wish DCI would remaster everything they have.

• Like 1

I think I had read somewhere that 1998 was Sacktig's favorite work **. I can really see why. I can't find the show anywhere on the site that shall not be named here, but I wish I could. I would buy it just to watch it. I wish DCI would remaster everything they have.

ftfy

**so far :biggrin:

I think I had read somewhere that 1998 was Sacktig's favorite work. I can really see why. I can't find the show anywhere on the site that shall not be named here, but I wish I could. I would buy it just to watch it. I wish DCI would remaster everything they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obfq9SNMMe4

• Like 1

I found it :D

I just didn't wanna say, didn't want it taken down soon :D

corpsband - ftfy ???? I'm not good with acronyms.

I found it :D

I just didn't wanna say, didn't want it taken down soon :D

corpsband - ftfy ???? I'm not good with acronyms.

fixed that for you. and i agree about not posting the youtube url (thus my pm) . but -- it was Tekk -- so i guess we have to forgive him.

Edited by corpsband

Oh! I had not seen the message sent to me! Sorry, was on another forum, but thank you.

I wish Sacktig would come on here and give us all a long detailed account of how he went about creating this masterpiece.

Not only was the drill excellent, but the guard program was just as good. Everything about this show fit very well together.

I didn't feel this way about the 2000 show - the guard didn't do much for me on that one. Everything else but the guard really. I liked the guard better in 2001.