Congratulations to DCI's newest World Class corps!

So..."They should stay in Open Class cause they'll "suck" in World Class and I don't want to see, (ie. waste my money) on anyone who can't break 90 by Atlanta!!!"

Ok.

PS: Drum corps really isn't all about you.

PPS: Good luck to Genesis!! I for one look forward to seeing them on the World Class stage!! Really enjoyed the shows they've been putting out!!

Edited by Beckham
  • Like 6

come on -- we need more suspensions on DCP.

That's OK... drum corps is not worth getting suspended....LOL

I would not recommend it.

Let them continue for a another 3 years or so, make sure they can prove they have consistent funding to be able to tour on a WC level.

Remember Teal Sound, Magic of Orlando, Capital Regiment, even Glassmen fell after being WC for years and years.

They have to have the money, and consistent money. It isn't "Oh look, we can afford to tour on a WC level this year - let's go for it!" That is just asking for failure.

This is not DCI's first rodeo, cowboy.

• Like 1

I don't know their history, but I know the history of similar corps.

Esperanza also comes to mind.

And besides, and I don't mean this to be rude or insulting, but I go to WC corps events to see the good corps...I don't really want my money spent to go see another mediocre group.

If I had wanted to go see Open Class, then I would go.

Another corps fighting for that 18th place spot is nothing I really care about a whole lot - not saying they aren't bringing anything new to the activity, I do enjoy watching them, but rather my time and money be spent more of watching the corps that are more entertaining.

And besides ----- somebody has to keep challenging BDB and Vanguard Cadets from monopolizing the top 2 spots every year down in OC!!!

Just how in the heck do you think a corps rises to the level of not "mediocre"?

Your attitude is full of contradictions: You don't care about them a whole lot, but you enjoy watching them. But you won't spend your time watching them because they're not entertaining, even though you admit they might be bringing something new to the activity.

:wacko:

It's really a good thing that your support is going to the groups that really need it, eh? You know, those constantly-financially-struggling top-12 or top-6 that are "the draw".

Wow.

• Like 2

While it may or may not be relevant, i'd like to point out the fact that The Academy went from being an Open Class corps to World Class in essentially a single year (2006 to 2007 if I remember right) and they're still going strong.

• Like 2

Like asking Barney not to be purple.

I know when he got flustered, his face got a little tinged until Andy calmed him down ... no, wait, you mean the OTHER Barney.