Cone of silence

7 hours ago, Tobias said:

I agree with BRASSO however that just some clips of musical exercises or non show music would be appreciated  Maybe new staff members are more secretive. Anyhow a strong winter in Cadetland. Can't wait to hear SOMETHING.

Cadets are not the only Corps to go dark in the winter now. Most.... but not all... do. ' Glad to hear things are going well in CadetsLand by the way, even if some fans on here apparently get annoyed with such info and/ or hype

32 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I think Brasso and Tekk are headed for a time out soon and Corpsband is giggling in the background because he sees it coming....

You must be joking, right ?  I'm the one defending CC former staffers, CC former marchers, posters ( George Dixon ), and posters who want to hype their Corps, and fighting back against the false narrative that Drum Corps fans away from DCP are " selfish "... and worse,  ( Corpsband words )" psychotic lunatics " and what not. So no, I'm not the one taking their pot shots here on fellow Drum Corps fans.

Edited by BRASSO

27 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

No one is getting annoyed at anyone saying good things  

Not true. You got ( your words ) " annoyed " less than 48 hours ago because your fellow Cadets alums/fans were hyping your Cadets this offseason. Maybe you forgot what you posted.. who knows. You specifically criticized George Dixon on his positive commentary on the Cadets this off season, then come back to me today ( who defended George Dixon and those who want to hype their Corps ) by telling me that I'm " selfish " and have a bad " attitude ". So stop it.. and look in the mirror on this attitude thing you got going on here, before you attempt to tag me with your " attitude " assessment. My attitude for the 2017 season couldn't be better.. for ALL the Corps, marchers, staffers, and the fans, including YOUR Cadets and its staffers, marchers, alums and fans.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Not true. You got ( your words ) " annoyed " less than 48 hours ago because your fellow Cadets alums/fans were hyping your Cadets this offseason. Maybe you forgot what you posted.. who knows. You specifically criticized George Dixon on his positive commentary on the Cadets this off season, then come back to me today ( who defended George Dixon and those who want to hype their Corps ) by telling me that I'm " selfish " and have a bad " attitude ". So stop it.. and look in the mirror on this attitude thing you got going on here, before you attempt to tag me with your " attitude " assessment. My attitude for the 2017 season couldn't be better.. for ALL the Corps, marchers, staffers, and the fans, including YOUR Cadets and its staffers, marchers, alums and fans.

Since you apparently didn't read the catalyst that started the entire debate between George and I, Here you go: 

On 2/10/2017 at 8:21 PM, George Dixon said:

Cadets will tour with 3 tractor trailers this year - show has "lots of props on the field" 

Brass line still looking for 2 tubas

ST will begin either May 16 or May 21 - date on hold due to NY Philharmonic performance in June

Next weekend is last Cadets camp until April 

On 2/11/2017 at 8:26 PM, 2000Cadet said:

Oh gosh not again with the props...

Maybe you need a reminder. My position on Cadets this season is a "wait-and-see" attitude which I believe will be beneficial (FOR ME). Try going back to the entire conversation and maybe you will get insight as to why I said what I said. 

Now in reference to THIS THREAD; As I said, it's ridiculous AND SELFISH to complain that you're not getting free clips of what corps are doing in the OFF season. That they did it in the past doesn't mean they are supposed to do so every year. So chill with YOUR attitude.

In addition, I don't need a reminder that I marched Cadets. I think there's plenty of reminder in my signature thank you.  

Edited by 2000Cadet

Is it selfish to have the expectation of some interaction with a nonprofit organization with a greater frequency than the life cycle of a generation of cicadas?

I hear from other nonprofits ALL the time. Heck, the Star Trek: Axanar funding page gave out more content than some of these corps! How do they expect to grow the fan base? With a lame reality show on FUSE?

Edited by wallace
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wallace said:

Is it selfish to have the expectation of some interaction with a nonprofit organization with a greater frequency than the life cycle of a generation of cicadas?

I hear from other nonprofits ALL the time. Heck, the Star Trek: Axanar funding page gave out more content than some of these corps! How do they expect to grow the fan base? With a lame reality show on FUSE?

I believe some corps do provide SOME interaction, i.e., George Hopkins' facebook posts. I don't know too much about what other corps provide other than what fans of those corps post in their respective threads. But there's your interaction right there. 

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Since you apparently didn't read the catalyst that started the entire debate between George and I, Here you go: 

Maybe you need a reminder. My position on Cadets this season is a "wait-and-see" attitude which I believe will be beneficial (FOR ME). Try going back to the entire conversation and maybe you will get insight as to why I said what I said. 

Now in reference to THIS THREAD; As I said, it's ridiculous AND SELFISH to complain that you're not getting free clips of what corps are doing in the OFF season. That they did it in the past doesn't mean they are supposed to do so every year. So chill with YOUR attitude.

In addition, I don't need a reminder that I marched Cadets. I think there's plenty of reminder in my signature thank you.  

dude you're arguing with buzz.  there's no point.  it's like talking to .. umm... buzz.  My advice is just give him some quiet time.  

Now...back to my

ghaxMSD.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Tekk always hated props. He cringes every season when GH say "we'll have stages" big long stages.... all over. We're not sure what we'll put on them but they'll be there. And podiums, we'll have 2-6. Not sure numberyet but they'll be there. We'll put soloists on top. Maybe some drummers.

oh my, I just gave away the winter 2016 design meeting minutes. (All 30)...

• Like 1