Different winners without GE

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

G.E. judges were not impressed by the totality of the show--compared to others in the competition. Don't see it as all that confusing. G.E. did get a bit more confusing, however, once it became subdivided into two components several years back. But that's for a whole 'nutha thread to try and tackle, as its a "mutha" ( haha!).

So on six occasions, the Blue Devils have apparently missed a championship because the "G.E. judges were not as impressed by the totality of their show" as they were by other corps' shows.

And I think everyone would agree that audiences are generally more appreciative of other corps' products than they are of the Blue Devils' shows.

So even though the G.E. judges have not tried to think about the audience's preferences (or not too much), nonetheless their tastes seem to line up.

Would you agree?

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So on six occasions, the Blue Devils have apparently missed a championship because the "G.E. judges were not as impressed by the totality of their show" as they were by other corps' shows.

And I think everyone would agree that audiences are generally more appreciative of other corps' products than they are of the Blue Devils' shows.

So even though the G.E. judges have not tried to think about the audience's preferences (or not too much), nonetheless their tastes seem to line up.

Would you agree?

You know, I know that wasnt about me but you kinda just proved my point.

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I don't buy into the premise that is being expoused on here that BD missed out on winning even MORE Championships because of " GE ". Thats to be taken up between you and the poster(s) that are claiming such. I only explained what GE means, and its evolution over the years. I take no position on why other Corps topped BD in the years they topped BD. That would require far more analysis than just the GE caption, imo... and every season and every loss of a Title by BD is not similar, nor always explained away by just one Caption.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Would you agree?

Lol did you really think you'd get an answer?  Instead:

tumblr_npk6npowW21qicfexo1_540.gif

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I don't buy into the premise that is being espoused here that BD missed out on winning even MORE Championships because of "GE".

OK, fair enough.

1 minute ago, corpsband said:

Lol, did you really thing you'd get an answer? Instead:

Well, one must try.

(But I'm not sure Brasso nor anyone else would find it insulting to be likened to Fred Astaire.)

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Wasn't he is Phantom's Gershwin show?

I remember PR practicing in the fields adjacent to JBCrum for East.  I think the soloist had just gotten injured and was just performing through it?  Can't remember all of the details.  Anyway loved that show.  

Edited by corpsband

57 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

(But I'm not sure Brasso nor anyone else would find it insulting to be likened to Fred Astaire.)

Then again--though this story may be apocryphal--supposedly when a Hollywood studio gave Astaire a screen test, the casting director's summary was:

"Can't sing. Can't act. Balding. Can dance a little."