Phantom Regiment 2017

2 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

I doubt we will see Finlandia, or anything else Sibelius, on the field in '17.  Given how quiet PR is about this year's program, I doubt they let out any hints, especially anything with a title.  The Sibelius score previously glimpsed most likely is a concert or warm-up piece. 

Your guess on Shostakovich is a good one.  However, I have yet to read on this site any correct guess, by anyone, as to what any corps' upcoming show will be.  The most likely choice of music selected by most corps are any pieces not mentioned in a discussion thread regarding "music that corps should do."  

LS, I would not bet that your analysis re either Finlandia/Sibelius or what PR or others may do in 2017 is wrong; the odds are overwhelming in your favor for the reasons you've stated.  But, there is still a chance!

Other then exercising my imagination re the 2017 program, I was serious about inviting others to do the same exercise for (a) corps of their choice.

Some corps are not shy about teasing their fans and DCP about their seasonal programs with commentary, practice videos and assorted publicity ( the 2016 Cadets come to mind); others avoid any hints at all; still others seemingly do the latter in combination with misdirection. I do not have a quarrel with the direction any corps takes in this regard but the sense I get on the Planet is that many of our membership are devoted to trying to find out such things as programs/music ASAP. 

In the meantime......Imagine! Visualize! Guess! Have fun!!

Edited by 1956OPR

Whatever the show theme is, I'm hoping for either a chevron set at the end, or a wedge. Whichever one they do, it has to have the leg-out visual. And kick-halts. Then my life can be complete. 

• Like 1

Also, I was watching a trumpet go-pro video from 2016. I only then realized just how many visuals they had that year. Is there a point where there are too many visuals? I only noticed the trumpet player go to a traditional horn carry twice. The rest of the time he wasn't playing, he had it down by his side or was doing some other kind of visual. 

https://youtu.be/lotIfgzuFts

On 3/31/2017 at 3:23 PM, DawsonBurnes said:

Also, I was watching a trumpet go-pro video from 2016. I only then realized just how many visuals they had that year. Is there a point where there are too many visuals? I only noticed the trumpet player go to a traditional horn carry twice. The rest of the time he wasn't playing, he had it down by his side or was doing some other kind of visual. 

https://youtu.be/lotIfgzuFts

In my opinion, the 2016 visual program was "let's try to head in the direction of the activity but with our same ideas done in a different way." That is, they used the same kinds of visuals they've always done, just a LOT more of them. 

I'm excited about a fresh new visual program from them in 2017.

• Like 3

Not seeking to be melodramatic at alt but two different national news programs I just watched this evening spoke about tornadoes today at Carrollton, Georgia. Will Pitts and David Warren are both natives and their families still live there. I hope all are well. Anyone hear anything?.

Edited by xandandl

32 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Not seeking to be melodramatic at alt but two different national news programs I just watched this evening spoke about tornadoes today at Carrollton, Georgia. Will Pitts and David Warren are both natives and their families still live there. I hope all are well. Anyone hear anything?.

I believe they're all fine. I live in Rome, Georgia which is an hour from Carrollton. The worst we experienced was rain but there could've been more severe conditions over there. David is at Berry College in Rome as of right now because school is in session so he's fine. As for Will, I'm not sure. 

Edited by DawsonBurnes

2 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I believe they're all fine. I live in Rome, Georgia which is an hour from Carrollton. The worst we experienced was rain but there could've been more severe conditions over there. David is at Berry College in Rome as of right now because school is in session so he's fine. As for Will, I'm not sure. 

Thanks DB.Glad you are okay too.

The TV shows I saw pictured severe wind damage and upturned things at Western Georgia U, near Carrollton. no? I know Carrollton has had tornadoes before,and I know Dr. and Mrs. Pitts and family have their plantation just outside of town. Will was closer to Etlantah.

http://www.ajc.com/news/watch-dramatic-video-tornado-damage-carrollton/6lusPxvcfHrltCniMWt4dI/

http://www.11alive.com/news/trees-down-power-out-in-carrollton-after-storm/428090675

I  didn't realize that you were a resident-apprentice to DW (lol)  Dave has been a great Viking and they certainly are going to miss him come May. Give him my best.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, xandandl said:

Thanks DB.Glad you are okay too.

The TV shows I saw pictured severe wind damage and upturned things at Western Georgia U, near Carrollton. no? I know Carrollton has had tornadoes before,and I know Dr. and Mrs. Pitts and family have their plantation just outside of town. Will was closer to Etlantah.

http://www.ajc.com/news/watch-dramatic-video-tornado-damage-carrollton/6lusPxvcfHrltCniMWt4dI/

http://www.11alive.com/news/trees-down-power-out-in-carrollton-after-storm/428090675

I  didn't realize that you were a resident-apprentice to DW (lol)  Dave has been a great Viking and they certainly are going to miss him come May. Give him my best.

I wasn't aware of the tornado damage in Carrollton. I'm sure everybody's okay. I looked up fatalities/injuries from the tornado yesterday and there weren't any in Carrollton. I could be wrong, but that's what I saw

22 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I wasn't aware of the tornado damage in Carrollton. I'm sure everybody's okay. I looked up fatalities/injuries from the tornado yesterday and there weren't any in Carrollton. I could be wrong, but that's what I saw

Great. Deo gratias.

• 3 weeks later...

Pssst.

Sibelius, Shostakovich, Rachmaninoff.

;-)

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 2