Spirit of Atlanta 2017

Is the tour still set up in two legs like back in the day where they have like 5-7 days to make adjustments then hot the road again for a final push to finals?

13 hours ago, KennyB said:

Is the tour still set up in two legs like back in the day where they have like 5-7 days to make adjustments then hot the road again for a final push to finals?

Not really.  While a few Corps may stay longer in Spring Training, once tour starts it's mostly non-stop until Finals.  You might be able to schedule 2-3 days without a show near the end, but that's about it. 

Edited by CrownBariDad
Auto-correct typo

6 hours ago, JKT90 said:

No. Their score dropped a few tenths last night.

Seemed like judges were tough on just about all of them last night.

Just wanted to stop by to say how continually surprised I am with how sustainably the corps seems to have turned around this season. I remember thinking how tired everyone, and the show itself, looked at Semis last season for the last performance and truly wandering where the corps was headed for 2017. Was wildly impressed with the preview show recording a month ago, as we all were, and now it's so nice to see that Spirit is remaining in the thick of their competitive neighborhood and that it wasn't just a strong start that fizzled out. I'm happy when everyone is competitive and improving upon their previous season, because our activity is healthier that way, and I look forward to watching Spirit duke it out with OC, Crest, and even Troop for the next few weeks. In terms of design, performance levels, and confidence, what a different corps this is from the last few seasons.

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JKT90 said:

This is what Drum Corps IS about…

About 3 weeks ago, someone I have not spoken with in a really long time, IM’d me on Facebook. She said she and her daughter were attending the DCI show in Birmingham, and mentioned how her daughter, who marches guard in HS, absolutely loves Spirt of Atlanta’s guard. She goes on to say that she would really like to surprise her daughter by being able to have her meet just one guard member from SoA, and by the way, it  also happened to be her birthday. She was aware of my past affiliation with SoA and asked if I could do anything. She wants to set up a meeting with a guard meeting so she can surprise her daughter on her birthday?? Absolutely I’ll see what I can do…

After reaching out to some folks on staff and explaining the situation…Jen, the guard caption head, responded and said we will absolutely make this happen. Yesterday,  Jen IM’s me and says for them to be at the souvie booth approximately 30 minutes after they come off the field, she has arranged for the guard section leader, herself and another guard member to spend 30 minutes with her. These pictures below say it all don’t you think?

She IM’d me after saying her daughter cried and was left speechless afterwards.

Spirit went above and beyond in this case…and just seeing the look on her face when she found what was about to happen is priceless. Well done & happy to have been a part of it.

We get caught up in scores and placements and fail to remember just how much of an influence Corps have on others and the “rock star” persona that follows it sometimes. With all the crap in the world, this made me happy.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/6c05/d01cwnm6ukob2b16g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/992a/lqb1zz12vls12wl6g.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4628/jmwkbe7w4myc9en6g.jpg

She spent about 15 minutes with them, talking about guard stuff...told her mom it was the best b-day ever. 

Thanks for the help Brasso and Liahona.

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing and for assisting. 

• Like 1

When you are Spirit of Atlanta and you are actually back IN Atlanta, here's your morning wake up:

• Like 3