Spirit of Atlanta 2017

So in the offseason a few people were hyping Spirit pretty hard.  Frankly, I thought they were out of their minds.  Just watched that preview show and discovered I was out of my mind.  OH MY LANTA.  That show is amazing.  The visual program is really crazy, and the music is solid too.  With a little more cleaning I think we could be looking at a finalist, or at least a top 15 finisher.  Great job SOA!  Great to see you picked up where you left off in 2013.

• Like 3

Watched the preview show last night. Awesome visual design that I am excited for.  I have always liked SOA (and JSU)...excited to see them again.  They had a top 5 show for me in 2012 and with making the TOC Massillon show a regular stop I haven't seen them since 2012.

There are a lot of really good shows this year that are a step up from the past few years visually.  Looks like I did pick a great year to sit in the nosebleeds at semifinals.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BoaDci said:

So in the offseason a few people were hyping Spirit pretty hard.  Frankly, I thought they were out of their minds.  Just watched that preview show and discovered I was out of my mind.  OH MY LANTA.  That show is amazing.  The visual program is really crazy, and the music is solid too.  With a little more cleaning I think we could be looking at a finalist, or at least a top 15 finisher.  Great job SOA!  Great to see you picked up where you left off in 2013.

I actually do not recall any hype about SOA during the off season.  I guess there could have been.  It seemed the hype just started with the release of the Adams video last week and more so the preview show recently.  Even on this site, there was little or no postings during the off season.  Time will tell if they live up to the new hype.  Regardless, I am loving this music.  It stays with you.  At least it does for me.  I hope they do well tonight.  Everyone has some shows under their belt, so spirit just needs to get past the first show jitters and sell it. 

• Like 2

Yes I remember MUCH more hype leading into last season. This off season was extremely quiet. I rewatched the show via the new video link with a different angle and the drill is impressive. Arrangements are growing on me as well. I really feel as if they are finally headed in the right direction this year. It had been a long time since I dared to say that out loud.........fingers are crossed! 

• Like 2

Is Spirit still playing on the Kanstul brass? I hope so. Just love the sound and quality of Kanstul!!!  Wish more corps would use them.

15 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Is Spirit still playing on the Kanstul brass? I hope so. Just love the sound and quality of Kanstul!!!  Wish more corps would use them.

Adams

Interesting. So they are using Adams Brass, which as I read through their documentation is designed, crafted, and assembled in Thom, Holland. They look like well made instruments, but time will tell.  I guess that plant of theirs was mainly used for custom brass in Europe for some time. Very interesting to see Adams getting into the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjyaub said:

I actually do not recall any hype about SOA during the off season.  I guess there could have been.  It seemed the hype just started with the release of the Adams video last week and more so the preview show recently.  Even on this site, there was little or no postings during the off season.  Time will tell if they live up to the new hype.  Regardless, I am loving this music.  It stays with you.  At least it does for me.  I hope they do well tonight.  Everyone has some shows under their belt, so spirit just needs to get past the first show jitters and sell it. 

There was three or four posts in 2017 PREDICTIONS! thread.