Obnoxiously Proud Dad Alert #2 - That moment when...

On 6/27/2017 at 4:11 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

...you get a first good look at your kid in action. He's the one in the center-back. He put a lot of years of dreaming into being out there. Couldn't be happier for him! 

So happy! Wish you both a great summer and memories for years to come! 

• Like 2

On 6/28/2017 at 0:57 AM, Whiskey said:

I really enjoyed the pic that you took with your son after the show.  Brought back a flood of memories when my parents use to come and see me perform, especially my late father.  You don't realize how much your son will look back and remember the love and support you gave him. Keep posting and keeping us updated. 

Don't know why this font is so teeny....but here's another of my boy! 

• Like 4

Popcorn Eater,

Thank you for sharing your son with The Cavaliers.  Thank you even more for being so proud of him and for unashamedly sharing this experience with all of us.  As a marching member it means much when parents and/or family get into it too.  I didn't have that parental or familial buy-in your son enjoys so please please PLEASE be there for him.  Be proud of him.  Tell everyone about your Cavalier.  

John

• Like 6

You should be proud...since I marched there has not been one single thing in my life that has been harder than marching drum corps. It's a PHD in how to handle life. 

• Like 3

Crazy Mom Alert here. Every year since 1998 I've chased after my kids. My son trumpet and my daughter color guard. My son aged out BD in 2002 and has taught every summer since. He's Craig Sellers the Visual Caption Head for The Cadets this year. Oh yeah, Mom does a happy dance. Can't wait to see them. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 8:59 PM, Tricia-A BD/BK Mom said:

Crazy Mom Alert here. Every year since 1998 I've chased after my kids. My son trumpet and my daughter color guard. My son aged out BD in 2002 and has taught every summer since. He's Craig Sellers the Visual Caption Head for The Cadets this year. Oh yeah, Mom does a happy dance. Can't wait to see them. 

It's kind of strange when they aren't down there anymore.   Took me awhile to adjust after all those years. 

• Like 2