So what are we going to do about it?

1 hour ago, E3D said:

All it takes is for someone with a very good camera with some serious zoom capability to expose quite a few things. Then becomes the question - morally how would you go about posting something like that anonymously? Because nothing is truly anonymous on the interweb. Does someone want to be that "person" who puts that info out. Something about it does not give with me. 

I guess we wait for Russia to hack our top secret marching band amp mixes, then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

What does it matter if those things are exposed? They're doing these things publicly so anything is fair game

Yes I get and understand your point. My point was not clear. After reading here a bit - if someone complains or says something about a corps then folks will say you are bashing the kids. So I figure if someone does that and then they will be crushed for trying to show it. Just my opinion. 

2 hours ago, E3D said:

Yes I get and understand your point. My point was not clear. After reading here a bit - if someone complains or says something about a corps then folks will say you are bashing the kids. So I figure if someone does that and then they will be crushed for trying to show it. Just my opinion. 

Many directors and designers are rather shrewd; whether it is in DCI, WGI, or BOA.  They will create shows to communicate an underlying agenda or message to the audience; knowing full well that the vehicle of their transmission is the youth.  And then turn around to use the same youth as shields against any negative response that might arise from the audience by promoting the narrative, “Stop attacking the kids you mean people in the audience!”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lead said:

And... it isn't against the rules.

For adjudicators this is the end-all statement concerning furthering any more discussion; but for fans, spectators, alumni, moms and pops of the youth performers, they can continue to complain, bark, snarl, and debate the directors, designers, and each other with a desire to hopefully get the rules changed.

Edited by Stu

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I guess we wait for Russia to hack our top secret marching band amp mixes, then.

The evil cow in me has thought about trying to jam or interfere with  the signal or like at DeKalb, the sound guy mixing for Cadets was right in front of me with his IPad…the temptation