The Massillon Knock Out August 7

Fantastic performance by the Bluecoats!!! WOW!  

My favorite sections are certainly the opener and the closer. The ballad was good tonight. Can't wait to hear it in the dome. I think it will play better there. The percussion feature through to the closer is nothing but sheer GE. Still lots to clean and I caught plenty of moments tonight where the brass was having intonation issues. Not usually characteristic for a good Canton brass line, but we will see if the judges caught them or not. Love the solos. Thought all of them came off well tonight. Still a chance to medal if this beast cleans. Big crowd reaction!

• Like 5

Drums back on. Time for some One Study One Summary

• Like 2

Hit me with the Zappa!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, CDUB said:

What is phantom's show about?  Love the music but can't figure out what's going on other than some adolescent boys in the stands probably grinning. 

Somebody?

The white helmet change in Phantom's show is critical to the storyline. The white helmets on the field represent the corps members and Phantom's traditions that came before them. The guard are entities called "phantasms" who invade the minds of the corps to confuse them and break their traditions. The phantasms blur fantasy and reality, and the corps begins to see them as beautiful during the ballad. They run to their ancestors (the white helmets) for strength and guidance as they battle the beautiful phantasms to keep their traditions. They triumph and the phantasms transform into the hope for the future.

posted from the DrumScorps app