The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

Hey guys.... Here is a quick update. My apartment complex is flooded and the water is rising. Thankfully the water has not reached my part yet... Either way, I am on the third floor so I am safe and I am not worried... Spent the day getting people out of their flooded homes... I did post some pictures on Facebook, but this is the worst storm I have ever been through. Much worse than Allison. No doubt about it..... I had to swim to help people

But if anyone here can help me out with starting a fundraiser or what ever on this page as relief for the people that lost their homes... I would appreciate that. Thanks guys

• Like 3

If you started a request for funds on one of those funding sites, and gave us a link here, I'd be glad to contribute. Anything else you might need for yourself or for others?

6 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

If you started a request for funds on one of those funding sites, and gave us a link here, I'd be glad to contribute. Anything else you might need for yourself or for others?

I will look into that... I guess I am so freaking tired at the moment that I am having trouble focusing. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Hey guys.... Here is a quick update. My apartment complex is flooded and the water is rising. Thankfully the water has not reached my part yet... Either way, I am on the third floor so I am safe and I am not worried... Spent the day getting people out of their flooded homes... I did post some pictures on Facebook, but this is the worst storm I have ever been through. Much worse than Allison. No doubt about it..... I had to swim to help people

But if anyone here can help me out with starting a fundraiser or what ever on this page as relief for the people that lost their homes... I would appreciate that. Thanks guys

Called it!

previous post: " And you'd probably be one of them helping little old ladies across the river as well. Be safe."

HMC,

Help is on the way. Don't give up faith and hope.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Called it!

previous post: " And you'd probably be one of them helping little old ladies across the river as well. Be safe."

HMC,

Help is on the way. Don't give up faith and hope.

Haha, no way am I going to let someone remain in trouble. They were absolutely devistated... Just awful down here and it is not over yet. JJ Watt just started a fund so if anyone is willing to donate he has something up. I am also considering starting one up too... Anything would be great. 

• Like 2

Recent DCI fans and participants are well familiar with DCI contests at Rice University and the Berry Center in Houston.

For non-Texans, here's a vid taken early today at Rice. Berry on list for evac center if flooding doesn't interfere further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSQmJBKe_AI

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

After having a three hour nap, the water is getting higher.... I fear that my car is going to be flooded in in the next 8-10 hous. Thank God I have coverage for this...

Thanks for the link. Glad to have something specific for Houston. As you help others, don't forget to watch after yourself, too.

• Like 1