Flowmarching - take a look at your credit cards

So glad you posted this.  I just went into my Flo account and found that I, too, had to cancel. I must say, I'm usually pretty savvy about this stuff, but I would have missed this if not for your posting. Seems they would have charged me amother $49 bucks unless I cancelled.  Now that just seems wrong to me. When I signed up, I had the option of the $12.95 or $49 for the month. I signed up for the month without realizing they would auto deduct another $49 after the month was over. Not sure if I missed something here, but that makes no sense to me at all. Nonetheless, I just cancelled. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Here's the terms of a the monthly plan:

MONTHLY: This option grants you access to all PRO content on the site you join. You’ll be billed once per month on the date that you originally signed up for your PRO subscription. For example, if you join on April 8th, you’ll be billed the monthly fee on May 8th, June 8th, and so on.

I must say, the terms and conditions are deceptive to the first-time subscriber. It's natural to think that the option was the annual plan at $12.99 with monthly installments or the monthly at $49.99 with a one-time installment. HOWEVER, the monthly plan was for the PRO membership - which also included a monthly renewal fee of $49.99. I completely missed that one. Again, without this post, an additonal $49.99 would have hit my card. Naturally, I would have caught it at that point, callled my bank and disputred the charge, but that would have been extra work on my part to fix the issue.

11 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I suggest that anyone who does get a renewal fee hit your credit card,contact FLO and demand a refund or call the issuing bank of your credit card and dispute the charge.  Unless you truly intend to continue with the service. 

The only way I know how to contact them is a cust. service e-mail.  I did that nine hours ago and still no return message. Again, does anyone have a better means to reach these alpha hotels?  God forbid them if they post their phone number.  I can't find one.  Thank you.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The only way I know how to contact them is a cust. service e-mail.  I did that nine hours ago and still no return message. Again, does anyone have a better means to reach these alpha hotels? Thank you.

Flo HQ:

512-355-7936

2922 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702

That's all I could find.
Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I'm trying to remember what I had to do when PBS charged me to watch drum corps after I cancelled my subscription.

Oh, wait, it's all coming back to me now.  They didn't charge me a dime, because it didn't cost anything.

Oh wait, it is all coming back to me now.  PBS got my donations for DCI broadcasts (my money); they received grants and other donations (other people's money); because it did cost a heck of a lot; but we did this so that they did not have to charge you a dime. You're Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

I'm trying to remember what I had to do when PBS charged me to watch drum corps after I cancelled my subscription.

Oh, wait, it's all coming back to me now.  They didn't charge me a dime, because it didn't cost anything.

Actually it was not really free....people made pledges during the pledge drives to help fund the station. Sadly, too many drum corps fans failed to honor those pledges, which led to the eventual cancelation of the show.

• Like 5