Death to the Seat Poachers

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

I'm guessing most of the "poachers" who are mentioned in this topic are not current mm, but fans, techs/staff, volunteer's, etc.

Actually, the number of MM's who showed their bracelets was more than half, but it was the demanding adults who created the biggest scene.  At least in my section.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, garfield said:

This is really kind of unbelievable, and probably illustrates the prevailing attitude among just those members he's trying to defend.  Bone-Tone Lord, my friend, I'm going to presume you are young person.  I suggest you learn more about what it costs to sit in those seats that you, and every other MM, covets.

You have no idea what I <GIVE> to the activity every year even if not in the sweat of the schedule of the typical MM.

It's this attitude of yours, the one of entitlement, that worries us.  The lesson is not to poach; the lesson is to work hard to achieve.

As a Friend, I can't leave my shoes on the field of battle any more than you can sit in Sec. 240 of the Friends block.  We each have given our effort.

Exactly. 

15 hours ago, Bone-Tone Lord said:

The people you're calling "poachers" paid a hell of a lot more than you did and are the entire reason there even is a show. When you paid at most $129, you don't get to complain about someone who paid $3700 plus 11 weeks work taking your seat when you're not even there (99% of the time when I've seen a current member take an empty seat, anyone who bought the ticket there doesn't show up for multiple corps afterward- and when they do return, the members have always moved without issue). If they behaved the way OP described, it was in direct response to OP behaving the way they did in the post.

This is so simple; I'd move your butt quickly and loudly. You are STEALING!  What don't you get?  What gives you the right to take MY seat?  Would you go into my empty house? My empty car?  No you wouldn't. I've been an MM and not once didI think being able to take an empty seat was somehow OK.  And I don't care how much your fee was paid, it didn't come with sit where you please rights.  Many of the audience watching make it possible for an MM to participate. Don't try to spin it the other way.  What has been explained in this through though for the most part are not issues with MM's.  They highlight issues with an amazingly rude minority of seat stealers.

• Like 1