Evansville, IN - June 27, 2018

3 minutes ago, Tpet304 said:

The only horns that are mic’d are the soloist. They got rid of the giant mics that were amping the whole corps last year. The only other mics are for the front ensemble.

Well they are picking up the whole field.  I’m right in front of the speaker.

• Like 1

Phantom has a good show, but is very electronic.  I’ve been a Phantom fan for over 40 years, and I feel like there is an electronic curtain between the audience and the musicians.  Very different experience than Blue Stars, who’s horn line was clear as a bell and unencumbered by electronic goo.

• Like 1

Just now, WaxDCIFan said:

Phantom has a good show, but is very electronic.  I’ve been a Phantom fan for over 40 years, and I feel like there is an electronic curtain between the audience and the musicians.  Very different experience than Blue Stars, who’s horn line was clear as a bell and unencumbered by electronic goo.

Who takes the win today in your opinion?

Cavies horn line is super good.  Contra player just went over backwards and recovered in a backwards somersault (without his hat).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Cavies horn line is super good.  Contra player just went over backwards and recovered in a backwards somersault (without his hat).

from the artificial divot in the artificial turf?  He's trained to save the tuba at all costs.