DeKalb, IL - July 14, 2018

5 minutes ago, afd said:

Absolutely. We've been having shows left and right with scores to compare to but it's now in one big arena. And yes tonight will be seeing who's stacked up against who...minus SCV and BK and Academy. Integrating and fun at the same time.

I think you misunderstood me. 

What I am saying is that DATR and St. Louis are being treated as one big regional, much like Allentown is on 2 separate days. The difference is that the same judges will not be used. 

While this does put an asterisk on the scores tonight in comparison to SCV, BK, etc, I would imagine the St. Louis judges WILL be looking closely at the recaps for DATR and scoring the corps tonight relative to the DATR corps. The reason I say this is because the San Antonio seeding is being determined by the aggregate scores from DATR and St. Louis

Just now, Cappybara said:

I think you misunderstood me. 

What I am saying is that DATR and St. Louis are being treated as one big regional, much like Allentown is on 2 separate days. The difference is that the same judges will not be used. 

While this does put an asterisk on the scores tonight in comparison to SCV, BK, etc, I would imagine the St. Louis judges WILL be looking closely at the recaps for DATR and scoring the corps tonight relative to the DATR corps. The reason I say this is because the San Antonio seeding is being determined by the aggregate scores from DATR and St. Louis

They actually are NOT treated the same because the same set of judges are not in the mix. Allentown is BIG because they use the same core judges at both shows.

Just now, afd said:

They actually are NOT treated the same because the same set of judges are not in the mix. Allentown is BIG because they use the same core judges at both shows.

So is the San Antonio show order determined by last year’s finals scores then? 

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

While this does put an asterisk on the scores tonight in comparison to SCV, BK, etc, I would imagine the St. Louis judges WILL be looking closely at the recaps for DATR and scoring the corps tonight relative to the DATR corps. 

I could be wrong, but wasn't there a time that DCI at least claimed that the judges do not look at recaps from other shows for the purpose of scoring a show?

That is a great question. I think you are correct that this show with DATR will seed the start times which is not fair to SCV because they won't be there and maybe Coats and BD will score high 86's or even and 87 range. But I could be wrong. We'll see.

Just now, afd said:

That is a great question. I think you are correct that this show with DATR will seed the start times which is not fair to SCV because they won't be there and maybe Coats and BD will score high 86's or even and 87 range. But I could be wrong. We'll see.

Yesterday didnt have double GE and MA judges.  Tonights scores will drop for some due to a bigger panel.

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't there a time that DCI at least claimed that the judges do not look at recaps from other shows for the purpose of scoring a show?

I do remember this being said as well. At the same time, it would be a very odd decision to base San Antonio seedings based off of this show + DATR if the judges tonight are not looking at that DATR recap