Olathe, KS - July 16, 2018

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Dam.  SCV is up to 88.  They might be the beast of the West this year.

@CorpsScores: El Dorado KS #dci2018
SCV-88
Cadets-83.05
BlueKnights-80.8
Academy-78.6
Spirit-77.35
Scouts-76.15
Troopers-74.9
Genesis-66.7
Cascades-64

m.twi...

1 minute ago, anacrusis said:

Phil Faini led a percussion dynasty at WVU!

posted from the DrumScorps app

Adam Mason was one of the guys I remember most, he was Garfield staff for a long time.

I gotta head home now since I’ve got to be back at work in the morning so I’ll let someone else post the scores. Here’s my quick review on each of the performances.

Colt Cadets - The kids looked like they were having fun. That’s all that matters.

Pacific Crest - This show reads so much better in person! I was really “meh” about it when I first saw it on FloMarching but in person it’s a really engaging show!

Oregon Crusaders - Some cool moments. Loved the energy from the color guard. Overall though it just didn’t quite do it for me. 

Mandarins - I’m here to tell you that these guys and gals are a serious finals contender. There’s no doubt about it. In fact, I can think of a few of the big corps that had better watch out.

Blue Stars - I’ve always felt that their color guard was underrated. I actually liked the entire ensemble in the same attire for most of the show. It makes them look huge. 

Boston Crusaders - There are so many moments in this show when I have to ask myself if I’m watching Carolina Crown. I mean that as a compliment. Those horns can play and I can easily see them contending for the Ott in the very near future. Color guard killed it tonight. 

Bluecoats - ....man oh man. This show grooves hard! God Bless the Child is such an emotional moment. The props are used really well. The singer is phenomenal. This show deserves to win. How can anyone not LOVE what these guys are doing?

Colts - I know there have been some concerns with all the singing but I actually liked it! I love the direction this group is taking. 

Honerable Mention - I just can’t state enough how much I LOVE the way the Colts and Colt Cadets support each other. To see those kids from Colt Cadets just absolutely lose their minds every time the Colts did something cool is one of many reasons why I love this activity.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

@CorpsScores: El Dorado KS #dci2018
SCV-88
Cadets-83.05
BlueKnights-80.8
Academy-78.6
Spirit-77.35
Scouts-76.15
Troopers-74.9
Genesis-66.7
Cascades-64

m.twi...

BK reminding everyone not to forget about them

• Like 1

yeah, he was, and your right, great player. We did a few gigs down in Charleston together in the late 80's

And the other show:

@CorpsScores: Bentonville AR #dci2018
Crown-87.45
Phantom-82.2
Crossmen-80.4
MusicCity-69.25
JerseySurf-65.05
Pioneer-59.1
https://t.co/MD8128bUEs

m.twitter...

World Class

Bluecoats

2 Boston Crusaders 84.450
3 Blue Stars 81.650
4 Mandarins 80.500
5 Colts 75.425
6 Pacific Crest 69.600
7 Oregon Crusaders 67.700

Open Class

PLACE CORPS SCORE

1 Colt Cadets 54.000
Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Thanks 1

Another guy I was impressed with at WVU was David Williams, great arranger and writer, did some stuff with him back in the day too.