NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

7 minutes ago, CCond said:

Im done with this website, you people make me sick. 

That's perfect. That's exactly what you do - you leave. Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Bye!

12 minutes ago, CCond said:

This is an insanely misguided view.  I feel sorry for the members that choose to read this. 

Oh, you edited. Good job. You have your view. I have mine. It is what it is. I have won a championship, so as you said it in the post you edited, I don't just have a ring. I have memories of one of the most special and greatest nights of my life. And, people I marched with came to that corps, in part, because they had a chance to win. Yes, of course, working with the best instructors is where people want to be, and I've said that before, but scores do matter and working with those great instructors gives you a chance to win. Again, scores matter, and they matter to you, because you feel the need to bash BD because the corps you want to beat them isn't. So get off your high horse, you're no better than anyone else.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Oh, you edited. Good job. You have your view. I have mine. It is what it is. I have won a championship, so as you said it in the post you edited, I don't just have a ring. I have memories of one of the most special and greatest nights of my life. And, people I marched with came to that corps, in part, because they had a chance to win. Yes, of course, working with the best instructors is where people want to be, and I've said that before, but scores do matter and working with those great instructors gives you a chance to win. Again, scores matter, and they matter to you, because you feel the need to bash BD because the corps you want to beat them isn't. So get off your high horse, you're no better than anyone else.

You call the compliments I gave them bashing? Your bar must be awfully low on what is and isnt a compliment. Your apparent need to bring the Bluecoats down is every bit as silly. My comments on the judges stand tough. If you ever press them on their placements in a critique, they have nothing of substance to offer you. If your corps dominated all season for your ring, then you wouldn’t understand that. 

i also mentioned Ned that I don’t care where they place, I don’t have a dog in either hunt. Objectively speaking, Bluecoats design makes you think about what an artist is, BD brought a painting to life. One show is designed to make you think, one show is designed to make you say “neato that painting is alive”. Both cool, both challenging, both clean. They should be tied for all the farts I give. 

Edited by CCond

On 7/30/2018 at 1:57 PM, Alzam81 said:

There are definitely some things to look forward to.. that's all I will say!

Agreed. With the practices/rehearsals closed to the general public and only open to ummu alumni etc...there is probably more than just cleaning and detail being addressed. 

On 7/30/2018 at 12:39 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

I never said I was an expert. Not by a long shot. Neither are you, and neither is anyone on DCP. 

Obviously scores matter, and they matter to you, or you wouldn't be complaining and putting BD down to elevate the Bluecoats. While scores may not be the sole reason why people participate, they matter to almost every one. Look at how much socres are talked about on here. For the most part scores, are why people march BD, SCV, Bloo and Crown - because they want to be the best. They want to win.

I don't see it as slotting. BAC has passed Cavies. Blue Stars have passed Phantom, Crossmen and now Blue Knights. Crown is less than a tenth from Bluecoats, after tying BAC a couple weeks ago. Spirit has passed Academy and may pass Crossmen. Colts and Madison flip-flopped and it now appears Colts are in the lead. Nothing about that says slotting. At the end of the day, BD, SCV, Bluecoats and Crown are all executing at the highest levels. When you get to that level, it all comes down to the little things one gets rewarded for. Those little things are all that separate these four.

This is a a good post, properly noting the jostling in placement that we've observed this season.

• Like 2