DrumScorps

DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, 2000Cadet said:

Is your screen name a reference to Star Trek Voyager? If that's the case, I LOVE Captain Janeway.

No, not a fan of the Star Trek TV series T. 

Did they announce the paid attendance at Finals?  They usually do (especially if it sets a record), but I might have missed it at the stadium or in this thread. 

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Did they announce the paid attendance at Finals?  They usually do (especially if it sets a record), but I might have missed it at the stadium or in this thread. 

Dan A. mentioned how DCI had record attendance numbers for so many years in row now at championships.  He was hoping for another record breaking year, but if not he was still excited about the strength of attendance the last several years.  I believe 23,000 something was the record they were trying to beat for Indy attendance.  I was expecting to hear some announcement but none was ever made.  So perhaps the streak was broken this year.  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Dan A. mentioned how DCI had record attendance numbers for so many years in row now at championships.  He was hoping for another record breaking year, but if not he was still excited about the strength of attendance the last several years.  I believe 23,000 something was the record they were trying to beat for Indy attendance.  I was expecting to hear some announcement but none was ever made.  So perhaps the streak was broken this year.  

They are definitely doing a lot to make Finals better.  Schedule moves quickly.  A lot less fluff than in the past.  Scores come out faster.  

• Like 1