Drain The Swamp, Dan

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

A background check will NOT discover patterns of sexually inappropriate comments, racist jibes, having sexual relationships with adult marching members, etc. None of that rises to the level of criminal activity, so even if known, would not wind up on a background check.

The corps set the standards the background firms have all kinds of magic capable of any level search necessary, they are not constrained to just a criminal background check. The staff and touring volunteers should be required to submit their social media passwords to validate their background. If they don't comply, that should be a red flag that eliminates themselves from contention. 

The technology is automated. Social Media sites are scanned for keywords, email texts FB/Twitter/Instagram everything. Your IP shows up on a site you didn't list, its a very bad thing getting trapped here. Everything is organized and given a social acceptable rating.  Yellow Folders, White Folders, Red Folders indicate the level of risk. All done in a NY minute with the correct software.

Been through this ringer myself if you don't give up your passwords your out. The results that came back on myself and other folks I know was astonishing . I  was flagged for being a member of DCP and forgot, I signed up in 2007 and never posted,  I have the same last name as a real bad actor well known for atrocities 'in Nam. Had to prove that I wasn't related to him. They knew I lost my wallet, needed a new drivers license and what credit cards I lost.They quired past business relations/encounters with vendors/bosses and all kinds of casual acquaintances from documentation floating around the net. They knew I had US patents, that I was deposed by NASA they try to steal patents first had to prove I wasn't working on a gvt project at the time. One my old peers was fired for lifting $10k server boards two jobs ago. I was questioned if I seen any red flags working with him. The level of detail was frightening. Then I had to get a full physical from their doctor. 

All for a days pay today and I wasn't putting anyone at risk except for a ton of their money. It will be interesting to see what level of background checks our wonderful MMs get but it won't be technologies fault. 'The whole dci case load is enough to get the cost down. It does not take an army of experts to pull this off.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

8 hours ago, jasgre2000 said:

Not until after the Hopkins thing blew up and then they still resisted until the pressure got to big.  If that doesn't raise a red flag, I don't know what does.  They should have been closely monitored from the outset of the season.

the offender was released in 17

You and I are usually on the same page, but not here.  No one is going to get sued for investigating rumors of sexual and physical abuse.

ah but see....you have to be very careful how to do it, and DCI isn't a trained agency on how to do it. So yes, sued is a possibility. You also have to understand people are abusing the whistle blower system. For every legit complaint that came in, several more stupid and time wasting ones came in, including #### from before dci even existed and the parties were dead and buried.

I'm not talking about the NCAA.  I'm talking about the former university President who is now sitting in a jail cell because he refused to do anything after receiving reports of child sex abuse.

right but the NCAA way over reached on how they slammed Penn State. the NCAA did  nothing to Spanier Curley and Schultz, they did themselves in lying to the grand jury. You're trying to compare a court room to how you want Dan to run things. Those three idiots screwed themselves because they lied in a court of law.

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK, so if THE CORPS are guilty, how about performance fees cut by 50% to pay for a robust standards enforcement system?

i wouldnt kick the idea out of the room if proposed.

I agree that it might be a good idea to change the way DCI is governed (giving control to an independent board that isn't governed by the corps themselves).  My point is only that it isn't necessary and those that keep saying that the way DCI is structured is somehow tying their hands and preventing them from acting are wrong.  The problem isn't with the way DCI is structured ... it is with the PEOPLE that are controlling that structure.  It is the people that are to blame--whether it is the corps directors themselves, the DCI board, or Dan Acheson--not the structure.

ah but see....the people that structured it are the problem with the structure. so you have to create a new structure that doesnt allow those currently running the asylum continue to

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, karuna said:

There you go again. I don’t think I’ve said anywhere that he’s the only person at fault. But as the CEO the buck stops with him.  Ultimately this all happened under his watch (maybe un-watch?).  The fact there was no reporting mechanism is his fault.  The fact that Pioneer treated their kids so poorly for so many season is his fault.  The fact Naldony is putting DCI scandal after DCI scandal on national front pages is his fault. 

you continue to rail and rail on Dan and never mention another soul. As Garfield stated earlier, 23 people tell Dan what to do. that's his job. In the way DCi is structured, the bucks stops with the 23 people. Period, end of story. 

the fact that Pioneer treated their kids poorly is NOT Dans fault. it is the fault of Roman Blenski and his board. DCi's fault is for way too long, the board never charged the CEO to put rules in place or created them themselves to make sure that kind of thing never happened.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I suppose Hop is still in the DCI hall of fame. Everyone is pretty busy.   How can people be so dense when it comes to public relations?  

the meeting September should address that. Anxious to see what the WDCHOF does this week when they gather in Williamsport.

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Or... they could just use good judgment ? You know Naldony is doing research via Twitter.  It’s pretty simple and not time consuming. You think there are just two categories?  Concrete evidence and 3rd hand rumors?  

The staff could also report issues. You think maybe they might be useful resource?  How about tour staff?   

Besides you know very well that DCI is a very small community.  Lots of people are very aware of many of these issues.  Not hard to pick up a phone and call someone.  

This whole “we can’t investigate things” is just an excuse to do nothing .  If a parent calls and say my kid needed medical care and the corps gave him Advil and said suck it up maybe that’s something that’s worth a call?  

In any case you’re suggesting doing nothing is the correct choice.  I thinks it’s not.  

DCi has a whistleblower policy. that policy doesnt include scanning Reddit, DCp and Facebook all day. First off, they don't have the staff for that. Second, when scanning those places, you see legit concerns and you see legit sour grapes. You want DCi to investigate, use the process set forth this spring. Don't ##### on Reddit or here or Facebook. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

You are mixing up people reporting issues to DCI versus anonymous postings on social media. If a staff member, tour staff, MM or parent calls/notifies DCI....of course DCI should check into whatever has been reported to them. That is what I have been saying.

That is not the same as Twitter or Reddit or FB postings. 

and DCi got complaints about stuff before DCi even existed. Seriously.