Cadets Announce 85th Anniversary Alumni Corps

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

whatever they choose, they need to represent all eras. what tunes were they known for prior to the 80's? The JCS stuff where they sang Amen is all I really remember

They were also known for their version of Elks' Parade, something from what I have heard a certain someone really, really detested. 

2 hours ago, BigW said:

They were also known for their version of Elks' Parade, something from what I have heard a certain someone really, really detested. 

In that case, they should play it just for that reason. :laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t have a knee replacement yet but I do have stage 4 osteoarthritis in my right knee.  I’m hanging in there and walking at least five miles a day.  I’m sure doing high mark time on parking lots for a decade or more didn’t help. 

I've had both knees replaced this year, at the relatively young age of 51. Six months out on the left and six weeks on the right. It has not been my favorite year, but has gone well overall. The fun all started with a color guard injury in 1983 that resulted in two dislocated knees which were then misaligned for all the time going forward. The party favor from that was advanced degenerative joint disease in my 40's. 

I'm not in love with the new ones yet, but there are occasional flashes of greatness and my legs are very noticeably straighter than they were before. Of course the recovery is a LOT of hard work, but I exercised extensively for years to keep the old ones operating, so not that big a deal. The hardest part is being patient and allowing them to heal gradually without rushing and overworking them. Looking forward to 2019 where I will have had enough time in the saddle with both of them to start to enjoy my new bionic life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

In that case, they should play it just for that reason. :laughing:

twice

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, BigW said:

Remember them doing this at East, 1979 maybe? They really could play the chart.

i think it was 80 and 81

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i think it was 80 and 81

And 1976.

2 hours ago, Tad_MMA said:

Bloo did that at the end of "Tilt."

the synth made up for the other 300 brass