Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

23 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Just because something is a rule (or law), doesn't make it morally right.

Neither does it make the rule (or law) morally wrong/immoral. Rules by definition are amoral. I could site many laws in which both sides would agree it is the law, but one side would staunchly say it is immoral and the other side would just as forcefully say it was moral.

Edited by Stu

Just now, Stu said:

Neither does it make the rule (or law) morally wrong/immoral. Rules by definition are amoral. I could site many laws in which both sides would agree it is the law, but one side would staunchly say it is immoral and the otherside would just as forcefully say it was moral.

Sure, there are plenty of terrible, disgusting, mortally bankrupt humans out there.

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

Remember, I’m someone who doesn’t believe Dan Acheson was obligated to say as much as he did. Simply, a “We have decided to take up your application next year. Thank you for your interest.”

But DCI HQ's method of handling this, in this fashion, clearly had a motive. The motive apparently is to silence critics affiliated with Corps of saying disparaging things about other Corps publically that DCI HQ disapproves of. By publically admonishing this young Corps Director, and deep sixing the Corps quest for DCI Open Class participation for this seaason on the spot, it sends a clear signal to other Corps personnel to keep your trap shut and your fingers off the keyboard when it comes to speaking about other Corps in any negative light that are put on penalties by DCI HQ. Had DCI HQ said and done what you've suggested here, it would not have had the desired effect by DCI HQ that DCI HQ wants.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

But DCI's method of handling this, in this fashion clearly had a motive. The motive apparently is to silence critics affiliated with Corps of saying gabout other Corps publically that DCI HQ disapproves of. By publically admonishing this young Corps Director, and deep sixing the Corps quest for DCI Open Class participation for this seaason on the spot, it sends a clear signal to other Corps personnel to keep your trap shut ajd your fingers off the keyboard when it comes to speaking about other Corps put on penalties by DCI HQ. Had DCI HQ said and done what you've suggested here, it would not have had the desired effect by DCI HQ that DCI HQ wants.

Exactly. This was Acheson sending a message.

Know your place. Don't rock the boat. I decide what gets said about these issues, if anything.

His refusal to ever be interviewed by Tricia only drives that message home. People refuse interviews when they don't have good answers to important questions. What does Dan have to hide?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Cadets were given the ultimatum for a total change of people running the ship, or there would have been no season.

Sort of puts to bed once and for all the silly notion advanced here on DCP ( not you, Jeff ) last  March/ April by a couple of DCP posters that DCI HQ is merely a " show scheduler " and they have little to no control over what their membership Corps do or say..

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

That is not a fact I am privy to.  Your source?  (PM if you prefer.)

it was stated by several people in the know back in April, here and other places. 

58 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

DCI has not even put out a statement that states something to the effect that " we talked to Fred, and he denies it ever happened " however.

Fred Morrison has not even publically denied the charge as far as we know. Has he ?  If it was me, and I did not do what was reported in a major City newspaper, I sure as heck would speak up on my behalf to let the world ( including DCI HQ ) know that I that did not do this, as alleged in this investigatory piece.

Fred Morrison is supposedly not a shy, reticent and reclusive person, ...is he ?

Nor should they have to. Sure it'd be a good move, but when have we ever accused DCI of being smart with PR? And remember, they aren't doing a #### thing unless their lawyers tell them to do it.

57 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I saw a tweet on Tricia’s twitter account that was pretty bad. 

Just sent it to you in messenger.   Looks like a real guy to me. 

sad...believe it or not, that's the first one I've seen. Now reading it...i am not sure he is defending what happened to people. I think he just feels like DCI is under attack from people trying to blow it up. 

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

It is not DCI's job to "train" him on their rules.

This statement says a lot. Futhermore by saying he should of read these as part of his application process, where does that leave his current job at Sound Sport are those kids not worthy of their directors knowing the rules? These are heartless remarks I would not even go there if the MMs were A.I. or treat an anmial with such disrespect. Dci is not training a bunch of longshoreman on how to pact a truck (well they really are but...) these are kids we are talking about. There is a higher moral ground when running a youth org dci chose to be there but when things go soulth they have DCP to treat the kids like migrant workers with no rights. DCP is not living in the real world and only helping the folks in New Mexico with these remarks, keep it up I always side with the underdog.

58 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Public sentiment had a lot to do with how things transpired.  It forced the 7 to walk back their position publicly with the PR campaign "just TOC shows, nothing else to see here".  It gave the 15 the courage to follow through on those actions they were talking about.  

public sentiment had zero to do with the steps the other 15 were taking within minutes of the presentation happening. Why? because 6 didn't know everything that was presented would be presented. The idea had been morphed by one person, and they were trapped. When the other 15 fought back, they saw their choices and made the smart move. If you think any of them caved because of anything online, you don't know the players involved.