In The News – Allentown Cadets’ Former Leader Calls Sex Assault Accusations ‘Orchestrated Smear’

And the “he always acted ok around me” was thrown around during Sandusky. In JS case the young person not molested was not Jerry’s “type”. IOW one he either couldn’t groom or had enough self esteem to blow the whistle. It’s not like the predators are exactly the same with everyone 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Reading all of these posts, the thing that scares the crud out of me is that most have rushed to judgment without letting the process play out. I'm not saying that Hop isn't guilty, but to Lancer's point, the pressure put on society by the #metoo movement has changed the way we view personal relationships, and I would argue has done nothing but set us back. As a result of all that has happened, I do not have meetings in closed-door environments with female co-workers. I will not share an elevator with a female unless there are others on board. And I will not have any personal conversations with females in a work environment. our company has even advocated for training on these principals. What used to be a simple, harmless conversation is now absolutely forbidden in the workplace, and I think that doesn't bode well for building personal relationships. It used to be women who would need to be careful, but now men have a large target on their backs.

As for Hop, I don't know what happened. I wasn't there, and I won't pass judgment based on a news article. Do I feel for the victims, absolutely, but they too will have their day in court. But rather than rush to judgment in a public forum, I suggest we let the case play out in criminal court and work to find solace for the victims. I don't think that playing these kinds of cases out in the court of public opinion (much less a drum corps message board) does anyone of us any good. 

I think GH brings a lot of this on himself by making the kinds of public comments referenced at the start of this thread. And, to me, the fact that he actually thought it might somehow help his case in the court of public opinion says a lot in of itself.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Jerry’s “type”.

Victims fit a well defined profile in appearance and obvious patterns existed in that case. In short.... they all pretty much resembled him in appearance as a kid. Still freaks me out.

26 minutes ago, BigW said:

Victims fit a well defined profile in appearance and obvious patterns existed in that case. In short.... they all pretty much resembled him in appearance as a kid. Still freaks me out.

I missed that part brrrrr. I was thinking of low self esteem, low chance of telling someone and low chance of being believed if they did tell. Had someone say he was with Sandusky when young and nothing happened so "proof" he was innocent. The guys fb page had muscle head weightlifting pics and he sure had no self esteem issues. IOW he wasn't Jerrys "type".