In The News – Slow To Clean House, Drum Corps International Wastes No Time Punishing Critic

As their activity was rocked last year by a series of scandals, leaders at Drum Corps International at times seemed sluggish in response. They delicately avoided in public statements naming a former Pennsylvania corps director accused of sexual misconduct. When the young members of a Wisconsin ensemble complained of poor conditions, they took weeks to […]

View the full article

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

That headline says it all. That’s your public perception. DCI retaliates against critics while failing to clean house. It has nothing to do with whether someone said he’d take a post down or said maybe he’d take a post down or what time a response got emailed or whether someone can prove they saw a receipt for internet scrubbing or where’s the magic bullet or how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Nope. None of that. But please, carry on ad infinitum with that arguing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

That headline says it all. That’s your public perception. DCI retaliates against critics while failing to clean house. It has nothing to do with whether someone said he’d take a post down or said maybe he’d take a post down or what time a response got emailed or whether someone can prove they saw a receipt for internet scrubbing or where’s the magic bullet or how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Nope. None of that. But please, carry on ad infinitum with that arguing. 

"You know you’re not going to change anybody’s mind in this, right?" - HockeyDad, Arsenal Thread, Page 90

Edited by Stu
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stu said:

You know you’re not going to change anybody’s mind in this, right?" - HockeyDad, Arsenal Thread, Page 90

Search, Google for Drum Corps International all the bad is right there for a potential parent to form an opinion of dci.  Should dci alter it's metadata like Moody may have? How does dci go about cleaning their image? How do they get out ahead of AI, they are worse off than Mr. Lotz is? Did Dan make a good move in that direction with punishing Arsenal?

All this Dan is right stuff on DCP is falling on deaf ears it the real world. Parents do not put DCP in the search box wondering if they should shell out 5k and not see their kid for14 weeks. Is DCP AI programmed with Pro Dan software that needs an update, what else could it be?

Edited by Bluzes

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Search, Google for Drum Corps International all the bad is right there for a potential parent to form an opinion of dci.  Should dci alter it's metadata like Moody may have? How does dci go about cleaning their image? How do they get out ahead of AI, they are worse off than Mr. Lotz is? Did Dan make a good move in that direction with punishing Arsenal?

All this Dan is right stuff on DCP is falling on deaf ears it the real world. Parents do not put DCP in the search box wondering if they should shell out 5k and not see their kid for14 weeks. Is DCP AI programmed with Pro Dan software that needs an update, what else could it be?

Again, and yet again, you Bluzes are still continuing to step to your own Hokey Pokey and completely missed the point of my post. :doh:

I just thank God we have good investigative journalism in this country. Despite all the "fake news" attacks we get in various political posts, we are lucky to have people who look for the truth in this country. No doubt news stories can be spun, exaggerated, overly negative. These articles obviously do not share to the reader the positives of this activity. There is more to like than not like, and many more great people have blessed this activity than those who have hurt it. But the positives for the brilliant work this young lady is doing with these investigative pieces is that she is forcing DCI to see things from the other side, to clearly see how disgusting these teachers/designers have been, and the almost criminal decision-making that has put kids in harms way. 

I don't know enough about the Arsenal issue, but it seems like the young man who was running the corps was trying to help, and it also seems like he was a young up-and-comer doing things well. It's a shame he was chased away, but with the right moves and perhaps change of leadership maybe he can be brought back in the fold. 

I finally read the article about the Pioneer issues (since it was attached to the article posted above) and I was completely blown away by the oversight and idiocy of the decision-making process. What a shame to lose Pioneer. 

It's ugly now...but I do think things will move in the right direction because of these investigative pieces. We all knew things would get worse after the Hopkins fall-from-grace and the damage that did to The Cadets. It may continue to get worse for a while, but those doing the right things in this activity need to hang tough and eventually we can rebuild this activity. At this juncture I am not sure how Dan Acheson keeps his job or how DCI as an Association continues as presently constructed without MAJOR changes. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Stu said:

Again, and yet again, you Bluzes are still continuing to step to your own Hokey Pokey and completely missed the point of my post. :doh:

It is a real-world assessment of what dci is facing. Asking real questions. I am sitting here heartbroken because of what is being discussed on Reddit. If that perspective is not welcomed on DCP because some don't care oh well, just delete my posts. The same Reddit posters over & over have a real hatred for dci no reasoning with them or the folks on change.org sites the youth trust. When none of this off-field stuff is stealing the day.  Dci Reddit is a good thing, right now the focus is not on creativity, being the best.

The focus is on watching their butts, being told to contact the Gov in Indiana to complain & shut down LOS posts that come up when looking for info on dci sad. When these kids hit the field in 2019 they deserve special recognition, the staffs as well. Can't wait

Edited by Bluzes

16 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Hokey Pokey    And The Bluzes shakes it all about

Edited by Bluzes
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Am I the only one who thinks of this song when an NFL official comes out to deliver the ruling on a pass play?

The receiver got his left foot in, but left his right foot out.  He had possession of the ball but then he shook it all about.  Incomplete pass, second down.  

• Haha 4