Vic Firth/Zildjian no longer DCI partner

5 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Great point.

Under Armour provides uniforms and gear for several dozen college sports programs, including a number of the "designer" uniforms for college football teams. One of them is the University of Maryland... which happens to be Kevin Plank's alma mater. 

As an aside.... uniforms like that, from Under Armour or elsewhere, have drawn criticism from some purists who like the "traditional" look instead.  Kinda like the "old vs. new" debates about drum corps uniforms/costumes.  LOL.

Oh, I know they've drawn a lot of shots. The problem is, if one wants those old style unis… be ready for sashes and cummerbunds to fall off mid show, and armpits and other 'strategic parts' to rip out as well. The problem is, even the newer bibs and tops can't really hold up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigW said:

Oh, I know they've drawn a lot of shots. The problem is, if one wants those old style unis… be ready for sashes and cummerbunds to fall off mid show, and armpits and other 'strategic parts' to rip out as well. The problem is, even the newer bibs and tops can't really hold up.

Completely agree. Today's shows demand maximum flexibility, from the costumes and the members.  LOL

21 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Completely agree. Today's shows demand maximum flexibility, from the costumes and the members.  LOL

I think... with an hour of yoga.. an hour of careful stretching, and good instruction...we could have survived it when we were younger and more limber. :laugh:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i know and it's better for them I'm not. they don't need residential mortgages

Oh don't pretend to be modest now. It does not fit your personality! I mean it's clear I don't get how marketing works; I know this because you told me and everybody else so. However, you are always right; so it matters not what your job is at this juncture. You know that you have the expertise in what is right when it comes to what DCI needs, does, should be, especially as it applies to marketing. So again, stop pretending to be modest.

Edited by Stu

34 minutes ago, BigW said:

I think... with an hour of yoga.. an hour of careful stretching, and good instruction...we could have survived it when we were younger and more limber. :laugh:

Maybe when we were younger but certainly not now...lol. I mowed the grass and trimmed for the first time since winter hit on Saturday and I was fine.....until Brittney said "Hey I recorded all the Leprechaun movies!! Let's binge watch." 30 minutes in, my entire body locked up like an old drum brake. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

Oh don't pretend to be modest now. It does not fit your personality! I mean it's clear I don't get how marketing works; I know this because you told me and everybody else so. However, you are always right; so it matters not what your job is at this juncture. You know that you have the expertise in what is right when it comes to what DCI needs, does, should be, especially as it applies to marketing. So again, stop pretending to be modest.

Oh brother. 

I can predict the future of this thread in one word:

Closing. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Maybe when we were younger but certainly not now...lol. I mowed the grass and trimmed for the first time since winter hit on Saturday and I was fine.....until Brittney said "Hey I recorded all the Leprechaun movies!! Let's binge watch." 30 minutes in, my entire body locked up like an old drum brake. 

Oh, there are moments after work when I sit and try to get up...or just lie down. Ooooow...

To get this back on topic: So Jeff, instead of saying they can't support a $100,000 per year pro, please expand on how DCI can do better at marketing without losing companies like VF/Zildjian.

Edited by Stu
  • Confused 1