San Bernardino, CA - Sunday, June 30, 2019

Thanks to JJeffeory for scoping tonight... BK was much better tonight than at Rose Bowl- Brass was on tonight. This is definitely more of the ethereal BK of 2014, my feeling is during some of the down moments there’s gonna be voice overs or effects, ending when in will be fiery to say the least. Cavies are my favorite show this year bar none!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, wesleyrp said:

Thanks to JJeffeory for scoping tonight... BK was much better tonight than at Rose Bowl- Brass was on tonight. This is definitely more of the ethereal BK of 2014, my feeling is during some of the down moments there’s gonna be voice overs or effects, ending when in will be fiery to say the least. Cavies are my favorite show this year bar none!

Agreed thank you!  You probably have a bunch of new BK followers now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wesleyrp said:

Welcome. Wish I could have done more.  I'm new to periscoping, and my phone doesn't seem to like to focus at night, but I hope it was good enough to keep y'all entertained and caught up on some of the corps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#### it SCV. I'm buying into the show! Wow! Perhaps seeing it live has curved my lack of enthusiasm for this show. The talent level is ridiculous. They have what it takes to bring an avant garde vision and sell it.

pH5QAxu.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 7

Thoughts on Vanguard.

Very nice overall brass sound that only crown and maybe bloo competes for. Overall musically astounding. My issue is that a lot of it sounds the same. They have some big moments that really capture you so its not all alike.

Visually, not very demanding. I found the Cavies visual program to be more demanding. Obvious SCV executed it well but it doesnt leave much to be desired when most of the show is either a standstill or slow marching. Guard was very good and slightly better tonight than Cavies.

General Effect wise, it is strong but I fear it won't stay that way. Its very possible that they get 3rd in that category by the end of the season. I really like this show and this program but just not as much as BD and Bloo s show. Maybe that changes later on

• Like 1

A question for me is, what is necessary for a corps to perform visually? Five years ago, if 60 brass players ran from one place to another, it would be called a bad transition. Now, it's creative staging. But on the other hand, what else can designers do with standard design? How many rotating blocks or pass throughs do we want to see.

I do not know the answer but it sure does appear that the judges are looking for NEW versus what used to be. The guard needs to be integrated front and center. Put the guard in the back of the field and you are asking for trouble. 

So back to SCV, I would agree, they do not move too much. And visually they seem uninspired. But if we look at the scores, such is clearly not the case.

Crown moves WAY MORE than SCV, but do the judges care?  Or in fact, to they actually like what SCV does more than Crown?

Time to go home. Catch your comments then!  Much love DCP!

Yes, scope SCV and BD too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

#### it SCV. I'm buying into the show! Wow! Perhaps seeing it live has curved my lack of enthusiasm for this show. The talent level is ridiculous. They have what it takes to bring an avant garde vision and sell it.

pH5QAxu.jpg

Yeah, bud.  This was the point I made in the SCV thread.  It needs to be seen live to get it.  I've watched some videos since... and they always leave me wanting more, but then I remember that feeling I had watching them live, and just how amazing they sounded.  No doubt, they have some issues to resolve if they want to keep their effect scores on top, but their talent level will carry them a long way.

• Like 1