The fans behind the camera:

comparing Blair to Flo is like comparing common sense to finals week posts on DCP.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Terrible is relative. If you experienced the live streams during The Fan Network era, you'd know what terrible truly is. 

I for one am very thankful that Flo is able to provide us with streams that don't randomly crash, stutter, die, etc. 

I've always avoided multi cam until championship week because it lets me get a better read on a corps' show before I see all the smaller details on multi cam. Plus there's just so much to capture and shows change throughout the season so I don't expect the crews to know what to focus on for small moments that may only last 5-10 seconds. 

Be thankful for what we have. Flo has slowly been improving their product. 

As long as DATR isn't an evening of random shots from different standstill cameras (including an inexplicable end zone view) put on auto rotate to switch to a new view every 5 seconds, it's an improvement. 

3 hours ago, tedrick said:

I think flo is getting better with every show - is a corps staff member in the box kind of providing guidance as to what shots to use? you would think there would be a lot of interaction between the flo producers and the corps design staff to ensure that the best production is made --

You would think they either they have seen these shows enough to know by San Antonio, or they would be provided with a log of interesting things to focus on during each show. Just something. THAT would be doing their job right if they contacted staff and asked them for that.

3 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

I also know that he is provided with a show "time log" for each corps with suggestions on where to focus.  Most of the corps also provide him with videos to study and he talks to individual designers.  He goes into each event with a detailed "road map"...and he's a real pro with much experience.

Which beckons the question, why isn't Flo provided with this by San Antonio with small updates to the logs through the rest of the season?

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

You would think they either they have seen these shows enough to know by San Antonio, or they would be provided with a log of interesting things to focus on during each show. Just something. THAT would be doing their job right if they contacted staff and asked them for that.

Which beckons the question, why isn't Flo provided with this by San Antonio with small updates to the logs through the rest of the season?

What makes you think they're not?

Just now, Incognito365 said:

Because they're always missing everything.

I'd wait until San Antonio before passing final judgement...and keep in mind the camera shot you might call might not be the shot someone else would call.  There is SOOOO MUCH going on almost constantly that it becomes a difficult choice.  That's true just as a spectator...do I watch here or do I watch over there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldbandguy said:

I'd wait until San Antonio before passing final judgement...and keep in mind the camera shot you might call might not be the shot someone else would call.  There is SOOOO MUCH going on almost constantly that it becomes a difficult choice.  That's true just as a spectator...do I watch here or do I watch over there.

I've worked for a small production crew, I've seen what all it involves. I still think they could do a much better job. They need to focus on their product and stop focusing on jacking up their prices on different browsers. 

I know every year in Allentown there is a crew there taking notes

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I know every year in Allentown there is a crew there taking notes

That's a good time... things stay pretty static from Allentown through the next week into finals week.

• Haha 1