DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/5

Anyone who "dismisses" open class corps is really missing out ... I am loving all of these.

• Like 3

Last one in this block 7R.   Who stole my heart two years ago in Quarters with their Sun and Moon show as the closing duet finished the show and the release of emotion had one of the pair just falling into the other's arms in tears.  

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Last one in this block 7R.   Who stole my heart two years ago in Quarters with their Sun and Moon show as the closing duet finished the show and the release of emotion had one of the pair just falling into the other's arms in tears.  

LOVED THAT SHOW!  I have really enjoyed them every year, all the way back to their Unsquared show around 2010.  

Edited by DrumManTx

Similar to Guardians, I'm a little bummed that they broke (ha) hard from their identity that they've been creating as a young corps. But, on the other hand, I'm also REALLY thrilled to see new corps stretching themselves so much in terms of fresh show design!!

I will say, the brass wasn't the characteristic strong point that they've consistently been for Louisiana Stars. Brass sounded great, don't get me wrong, just not the stand out performances that I've come to love from them. Their ensemble sound was a little more covered and controlled this year, which I'm fine with as well.

I can see why they've been battling it out with RCR --- I would have both corps quite close today, and I imagine good runs & bad runs play a clear role in their placement shifting from night to night.

Bright, bright future ahead for Louisiana Stars. Great job today, guys!

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh God, why did you have to remind me?  I was on a plane to Indy from San Diego watching on Flo and could not stop crying.  I'm sure I got some weird looks but who cares.

Edited by BlueStarsDad

Just now, BlueStarsDad said:

Oh God, why did you have to remind me?  I was on a plane to Indy from San Diego and could not stop crying.  I'm sure I got some weird looks but who cares.

That was THE moment of finals weekend for emotion that year. 

Last year was Gabe for Troopers not wanting to leave the podium.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

Oh God, why did you have to remind me?  I was on a plane to Indy from San Diego and could not stop crying.  I'm sure I got some weird looks but who cares.

7Rfeels.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1