DCI partnering with Varsity Performing Arts to launch "SoundSport Scholastic" events

6 hours ago, garfield said:

Yes, Varsity can because Varsity is already in the space that DCI has been trying to expand into for years.

DCI is trying to get into cheerleading?

5 hours ago, garfield said:

Isn't it correct that DCI has a rules committee that makes the rules for performance/competition?  Are you saying it's NOT separate and distinct from the member corps?

Are the drum corps making the rules under which they themselves are competing at all DCI-sanctioned events?  Isn't that exactly what Varsity is being pilloried for as a for-profit?

Is the DCI rules committee separate from DCI's member corps.  Are they making rules in a vacuum, ignorant of the activity's current circumstances, demands, and abilities?

DCI is the corps. think Varsity will let them self govern?

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

If you support the corps, you support DCI because as you always remind us

DCI IS THE CORPS.

shame when your usual mantra is turned against you now isn'###?

Except you didn’t.  Is this the part where I chastise you for going low, because your snark is no better than mine.  What you did do is discredit the contention of the podcast - if you’re right, giving money to DCI ends up benefitting the corps.  Shame when your usual argument is turned against you, isn’t it?  Just stop, Jeff.  Oh, and edit, that makes you and me in agreement here.  Let's keep that clear to help keep the discussion OT.

DCIs budget is created out of the same gate, but it is approved by the corps.  Money given directly to DCI finds its way to benefit the corps.  It doesn’t work in the other direction.

You should definitely stop laughing at your own jokes.  

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Robert Graves, the novelist and poet (e.g., I, Claudius) who served in the British army in World War I, said that the word, in its adjectival form, was used so frequently in the ranks that the only thing it meant was that a noun was following.

Pathetic AF. 

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the podcast in many ways is very positive towards the activity. sure, some shots are taken, and usually for the right reasons, but it's real fans, not getting a dime to do it, and doing it because we love it. In fact John has been very vocal since everything went 2020 to support the corps in any way you can during these crazy times.

Stupid AF. 

Seriously, would anyone mind if the discussion stays with the link in the OP?

I'm intrigued by the deliberate wording around the fall engagement plan.  "...bringing the best to the fall..." they say.

Aren't they just stepping into an already crowded competitive marketplace?