Phantom Regiment 2022

I didn't get a chance to say how thrilled I am to see Phantom back in the conversation.  I love both their opener and closer and especially their music book this year.  I've missed the Phantom sound and power that I've grown to love since first hearing them in 1987.

• Like 6

Get well soon. You have an incredible season ahead of you.

SUTA!

• Like 3

Guess someone should call attention to the silliness of our conversation a few days ago. We need to trust what the staff decides when it comes to health. Their decision seems pretty understandable now. Let’s stay away from second guessing those decisions and focus on the show and the kids. 

SUTA!!!

• Like 1

We have some prepared responses incase our statement got skewed in any way. Doesn't seem to be the case here but this would probably be of interest to some of you.

In addition to our already increased mitigation protocols (required masking, isolating positive cases, closing rehearsals, etc), we have rented an additional bus (yes, there's that many) to isolate and transport COVID positive individuals and are housing those individuals in hotel rooms at the corps's expense. The remainder of the corps is staying in dorm rooms until July 5th. It is our hope that not traveling on buses for extended periods of time, and providing dorm rooms (instead of the traditional large-scale gym sleeping arrangement) will help mitigate the spread of the virus. 

My take, replace covid with any other sickness that has spread this much in the first week of the season and we'd be doing the same thing. Hopefully it'll run its course and we'll back in full force soon!

• Like 3

If y’all are reading this, we love you, each and every one, and hope this passes quickly. Looking forward to seeing you back full-force next week. Don’t let it get you down. You have thousands and thousands of fans behind you who are thrilled by your show. Be safe and feel the good vibes coming your way. 

Edited by PRomoter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I'm not sure how a standstill is an abundance of caution since this doesn't really change any levels of exposure to anyone. They should just say they don't have enough healthy members to perform the show effectively on the move.

My guess is that they keep the members who are sick in a quarantined place while the rest play the rep. Too many holes to fill. Just a guess. 

55 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

My guess is that they keep the members who are sick in a quarantined place while the rest play the rep. Too many holes to fill. Just a guess. 

Yup ! Just get this behind you and show drum corps fans what you have worked on so hard to bring to the field. You WILL be awesome!

• Like 2

Am I the only one that is slightly scared of how this COVID outbreak might affect the corp competitively? They 100% have to do this quarantines and precautions. there’s absolutely no doubt about that, but I hope this doesn’t impact what they can achieve at the end of the season. Just a few days “off” could be pretty impactful.

However, I’ll also say that I’m pretty new to following tour super closely, so I’m not sure how sickness has been dealt with and impacted corps in the past. I just want to see Phantom succeed for the first time in way too long. Any thoughts?

This all being said with the understanding that member safety is FAR more important than competition….

if we’re going to talk about competitive viability, if the corps returns to normal within a week, I’d imagine sustaining the show design and member talent wouldn’t create a MASSIVE difference in competitive potential…however this is unprecedented so who knows.

thankfully phantom is still in the midst of a very successful season from a design standpoint, their best in atleast a decade arguable, so let’s hope that helps them get back to strength.