Phantom Regiment 2022

16 minutes ago, Continental said:

Regiment Fast Motion.....

Their visual package this year is so much better than several prior years.  

The high cam perspective really shows how beautiful this show is...and how much you can potentially miss seeing with the multicam...

4 hours ago, Continental said:

Regiment Fast Motion.....

Their visual package this year is so much better than several prior years.  

Sorry, partial post

Edited by TexasPRfan

Anyone think they might manage to slip into 8th by Saturday? Looks Like Blue Stars are not increasing their score as much as Cavies. 

Thank you so much for that speed video!  Made me appreciate that visual package so much more!!!!

Harvey

1 hour ago, PRomoter said:

Anyone think they might manage to slip into 8th by Saturday? Looks Like Blue Stars are not increasing their score as much as Cavies. 

There’s a nonzero chance of that happening, but it’s so abysmally low that it’s probably not worth considering. That would require Phantom to continue to improve their score by over a point tonight and tomorrow night and BS to not experience similar night to night score growth. I think Phantom might have a decently large point increase tonight, mainly because I think they were underscored significantly in brass and to a lesser extent percussion, but they’d have to do it again tomorrow night to have a chance at passing BS and getting eighth.

I am so happy with this season. I hate for it too end. I get chills every time I watch them. You can tell they are really proud of their show, and they should be. Like always, PR is always overflowing with just great kids. Thanks, Regiment, for bringing back traditional drum corps, and being competitive with it again. Staff, don’t give up! There is a place for this kind of show, and it’s in the heart. I’ve seen lots of people on Reddit asking why the show isn’t placing higher. I’m no judge, so I don’t know. But, when average DCI fans are asking that, it means the PR style and heart is coming back into style again. I can’t wait to see you hit it out of the park next year. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, college-phan said:

There’s a nonzero chance of that happening, but it’s so abysmally low that it’s probably not worth considering. That would require Phantom to continue to improve their score by over a point tonight and tomorrow night and BS to not experience similar night to night score growth. I think Phantom might have a decently large point increase tonight, mainly because I think they were underscored significantly in brass and to a lesser extent percussion, but they’d have to do it again tomorrow night to have a chance at passing BS and getting eighth.

I know it’s still a long shot, but it isn’t as long as it was last night. Probably not, I know, but who would have imagined the improvement over 2019 this weekend 3 years ago???

9 hours ago, college-phan said:

Not ruling it out, especially if the scores of the 2 corps in front of them get suppressed and theirs jump up some, something that often happens in finals, but also there are some areas, single captions where they are edged a TON where the ground to make up is hard to envision happening, Cavies in Percussion, which opens up that music Caption spread between them, and Blue Stars in guard opening up that Visual caption spread. Not to mention both corps are solid in each caption where phantom doesn’t have many wins against them head-to-head, we’ll see though

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

Phantom Regiment broke 90 today for the first time since prelims in 2016.

Should we be happy?