You knew it was coming

50 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Sorry, I have been pretty busy from school, taking care of horses, work... oooof lol... I thought the auditioning was done.

Post on FB about number of positions still open across all of DCI. Couple of hundred horns 😬. No breakdown by instrument or corps but look scary 

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Sorry, I have been pretty busy from school, taking care of horses, work... oooof lol... I thought the auditioning was done.

Just 2 days ago, they posted on FB about joining The Void with a link to their auditions page. Don't know if this is full auditions or just wanting to fill out sections. I haven't kept up much either. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Post on FB about number of positions still open across all of DCI. Couple of hundred horns 😬. No breakdown by instrument or corps but look scary 

Remember the olden days when a Corps would show up at an early contest w/ ~25 brass & we would say 'X is small this year'?

Used to be that only the the top 10-15 could reliably count on having a full Corps, esp at the beginning of the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Remember the olden days when a Corps would show up at an early contest w/ ~25 brass & we would say 'X is small this year'?

Used to be that only the the top 10-15 could reliably count on having a full Corps, esp at the beginning of the season.

Then you had corps like Sunrisers or Bushwackers IIRC. Start off real small in horn line but pick up as season started.

LMAO there was a former (read banned) DCPer who would pick a rhymes with witch when I would mention All Age in Jr forum. Wonder if the ears are burning 😈

Edited by JimF-LowBari

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Then you had corps like Sunrisers or Bushwackers IIRC. Start off real small in horn line but pick up as season started.

LMAO there was a former (read banned) DCPer who would pick a rhymes with witch when I would mention All Age in Jr forum. Wonder if the ears are burning 😈

Not unusual for Corps back then to add members as season goes on.  I recall one season in early 80s Guardsmen started with about 30-34 brass.  They put almost all on one side, & added new members to the other side as season went on.  I wonder how this impacted side 1 vs side 2 execution?

14 hours ago, lowend said:

Sure is.  One of the few bands you don't hear....you feel.

Oh yes -- The Son and Daughter marched with the Southerners while at JSU. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 8:39 PM, CrownBariDad said:

Just 2 days ago, they posted on FB about joining The Void with a link to their auditions page. Don't know if this is full auditions or just wanting to fill out sections. I haven't kept up much either. 

Gotcha. I deleted my FB over a year ago to focus on work, school and my goals.... that explains the delay of info lol

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 8:23 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

I mean... 

Divide 128 by the number of horn spots open and..... ...... ..... ..... .....

Maybe the solution... is... ... ... ... limiting membership?

Maybe we don't need... ... ... ... ... ... ... so many spots open and not getting filled?

Edited by Lead
fixed naughty word
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lead said:

I mean... 

Divide 128 by the number of horn spots open and..... ...... ..... ..... .....

Maybe the solution... is... ... ... ... limiting membership?

Maybe we don't need... ... ... ... ... ... ... so many spots open and not getting filled?

Yep, can’t find the post but guard, perc, etc all badly needed warm bodies. 
Wonder if this is the year when bunch of corps have to figure out what to do with less than full membership. (Irony is that’s a lot of what I saw with the lesser Sr circuits in my day. And why I enjoy DCA Class A smaller corps better than the full size corps)