Spirit of Atlanta Status??

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Seems good.  But the proof is in the doing.

I just did a Safe Gatherings training thinger for my clergy status.  (The Baltimore Washington UMC clergy voted to have biannual background checks and retraining required for all of us.) But as I sat there reading through the materials and clicking to the next module I couldn't help but think. "You could pass this by clicking through everything and using some basic 'obvious right answer' responses on the quizzes."  It'll be people actually doing the reporting to the police and curch conference bodies as required and laid out in the training and the police and church conference bodies to follow through to make actual protections work. 

I was govt employee and we had a few employees canned for harassment (sexual and otherwise). Yep they passed their training too. Good thing was we were given 2 or 3 contacts to report. Use second contact if first one not taking it seriously or they are doing the harassing. In DCIs case gotta have more than contact corps staff.

Did see Spirit giving training to members which I haven’t really seen in DCIs policy. Members need to be told what is not allowed, how to deal with topics that are borderline (one person thinks objectionable and other doesn’t), and how/who to report to

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I was govt employee and we had a few employees canned for harassment (sexual and otherwise). Yep they passed their training too. Good thing was we were given 2 or 3 contacts to report. Use second contact if first one not taking it seriously or they are doing the harassing. In DCIs case gotta have more than contact corps staff.

Did see Spirit giving training to members which I haven’t really seen in DCIs policy. Members need to be told what is not allowed, how to deal with topics that are borderline (one person thinks objectionable and other doesn’t), and how/who to report to

Yeah i do training annually for the university too which is more extensive with the legalities than the church's training but less extensive on "how to be a human being with people reporting abuse" than the church's.  

• Like 2