Spirit of Atlanta Status??

Last update here was before end of 2022 season. Any info on Spirit status for 2023? Thinking of checking their FB page but was there when crap hit fan and 😱. So hoping for better and less nasty posts here.

46 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Last update here was before end of 2022 season. Any info on Spirit status for 2023? Thinking of checking their FB page but was there when crap hit fan and 😱. So hoping for better and less nasty posts here.

I think i recall an announcement that their creative staff from ‘21 is intact. That thrills me because that show theme and music was amazing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Two FB post about their successful camp past weekend.  The post has several pictures on each post but here's group shot from the gym.  Go Baby Blue!

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritofAtlanta

May be an image of 1 person, standing and indoor

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Two FB post about their successful camp past weekend.  The post has several pictures on each post but here's group shot from the gym.  Go Baby Blue!

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritofAtlanta

May be an image of 1 person, standing and indoor

I count 37 brass, full battery, full-ish pit 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I count 37 brass, full battery, full-ish pit 

Camp wasn't held in the ATL area, but at a school just outside of the Birmingham, AL area.  I'm sure they didn't have all horns in attendance.  When I taught an open class group, the early camps seldom had a full horn line but we most always had all percussion. ✅        

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

2 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Camp wasn't held in the ATL area, but at a school just outside of the Birmingham, AL area.  I'm sure they didn't have all horns in attendance.  When I taught an open class group, the early camps seldom had a full horn line but we most always had all percussion. ✅        

Ok.  So is is reasonable to assume that not all (all sections) in photo are contracted?   

• Like 1

Thanks for the info….

lol this thread might even stay open, unlike my last one where I asked for opinions and got accused of slamming a corps 🙄

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Check out their new wellness & safety program, "SpiritSAFE":

https://www.spiritofatlanta.org/safety 

Seems good.  But the proof is in the doing.

I just did a Safe Gatherings training thinger for my clergy status.  (The Baltimore Washington UMC clergy voted to have biannual background checks and retraining required for all of us.) But as I sat there reading through the materials and clicking to the next module I couldn't help but think. "You could pass this by clicking through everything and using some basic 'obvious right answer' responses on the quizzes."  It'll be people actually doing the reporting to the police and curch conference bodies as required and laid out in the training and the police and church conference bodies to follow through to make actual protections work. 

• Like 3